Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who think Godzilla is a bigger draw than King Kong...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    ...WRONG!!!

The latest box office numbers for both.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)
    Domestic: $110,442,744 28.6%
    + Foreign: $275,400,000 71.4%
    = Worldwide: $385,842,744

Kong: Skull Island (2017)
    Domestic: $168,052,812 29.7%
    + Foreign: $398,600,000 70.3%
    = Worldwide: $566,652,812

That’s why King Kong should defeat Godzilla when they match up...

Or... hear me out...

Kong made $566.7M.
    With Godzilla (2014) and Kind of the Monsters, Godzilla made $914.9M.

"No fair, you are comparing two movies to one," you might rightly say. To which I would point out, what would even be the Kong sequel without Godzilla?!? Clearly, Godzilla is the stronger monster / franchise.

A very young and small Kong practicing his baseball swing with some lizard...

Images
    Godzilla is not going to decimate Kong. This Kong is not going to be the Kong you saw in Skull Island. This Kong will be much bigger and go through a transformation in order to be able to match up with the lizard.

You’ll see...
    Kong is still just a giant ape. Has to eat, sleep, gets tired, etc. Godzilla is an atomic fire breathing indestructible armored walking nuclear reactor whose cells constantly regenerate. I'm sure the writers can come up with some kind of electric Kong style McGuffin to power Kong up because otherwise the movie would last about 10 seconds when Godzilla lets loose his atomic fire and blasts Kong's head clean off.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    Or... hear me out...

Kong made $566.7M.
    With Godzilla (2014) and Kind of the Monsters, Godzilla made $914.9M.

"No fair, you are comparing two movies to one," you might rightly say. To which I would point out, what would even be the Kong sequel without Godzilla?!? Clearly, Godzilla is the stronger monster / franchise.
    King Kong (2005)
    Domestic: $218,080,025 39.6%
    + Foreign: $332,437,332 60.4%
    = Worldwide: $550,517,357

King Kong and Kong Skull Island = $1.1 billion. And that’s not even adjusting the 2005 Kong to inflation.

Sure, there are more Godzilla films...but pound for pound, Kong is King.

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Kong is still just a giant ape. Has to eat, sleep, gets tired, etc. Godzilla is an atomic fire breathing indestructible armored walking nuclear reactor whose cells constantly regenerate. I'm sure the writers can come up with some kind of electric Kong style McGuffin to power Kong up because otherwise the movie would last about 10 seconds when Godzilla lets loose his atomic fire and blasts Kong's head clean off.
    “I'm sure the writers can come up with some kind of electric Kong style McGuffin to power Kong up”

Well HELLO!!!!! That has been my point from the beginning!!!

“Go through a transformation”

Yes, I said that...

Images

Well HELLO!!!!! That has been my point from the beginning!!!

Ha! So you do admit the writers would have to cheat and Godzilla is more powerful.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Take out Godzilla’s atomic breath...and he’s got nothing.

Imagine Godzilla’s T-Rex arms going toe-to-toe with Kong’s massive hands, forearms, biceps, and shoulders...

KO, baby!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Ha! So you do admit the writers would have to cheat and Godzilla is more powerful.
    You mean like Batman writers do in order to beat Superman?

Images
    Blog Entries
    You mean like Batman writers do in order to beat Superman?

Exactly so. Or Supes beating Capt. Marvel.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.