Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Mego Meet 2019 Kids' Customs

Sorry I didn't post these earlier:

Pics in a Google Photos album:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/kv2BUBkuWF7jQXur8

Past winners Lily and Niki participated again. Both encouraged others customs this year and were honorary judges.

Charlie Flatt -one of the masters of Mego customs was on hand to Judge with me.

The unanimous choice was RCHE's son Cip's Spy vs. Spy.

There were 7 kids who submitted entries. There were 14 figures entered.

Every one of the figures were awesome, unique and well executed.

Prizes were donated by - PLEASE HELP ME CREDIT the donor - I forgot who.

Also on the memory loss are kid's names. -Add creator, figure name and better photos please. We had kid's of ChrisDVM, Earth2 Chris, Robin, RCHE, Brue, Kevin, and Robert (I think) -Anyone I missed? Anyone have a kid who custom did not make it to teh table?
    Last edited by Brue; Aug 22, '19, 11:18 AM.
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

For those of you not familiar with this contest-

It started as an adult custom contest in Wheeling.

The rules are to acquire materials at dealers booths at Mego Meet and build the custom at the show.

The trophy was labeled with the winner's name each year and travelled with the winner for the year.

A kid's custom category quickly joined. Eventually the adult contests lost steam and the kids contest has taken the mantle of the trophy for the past few years.

So in 2020 bring your kids to the Meet and encourage them to create!!!!!

They can do it for little to no money. Many people donate supplies (David Lee is a sucker for kids). No one that I know of charges kids teh going rate on parts. Everyone is willing to share supplies. You can work on them in the show room, in the Mego suite, in your room or where ever.
    See past entrants for pointers and help.

Getting help from parents is not against the rules, but the more they do themselves the better. Our youngest entrant this year did a sweet and simple custom of her dad. One kid (no manes here) Just painted a bikini on Penguin for one of her customs. Older kids made intricately detailed works of art. Everyone got a prizes (except Lily because we miscounted and she insisted others get the prizes).

PS
    I can't post pics directly from Google (or at least I can't figure it out -sorry)
    Last edited by Brue; Aug 22, '19, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

kidscustom1.jpgkidscustom2.jpgkidscustom3.jpgkidscustom4.jpgkidscustom5.jpg

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Those are some awesome builds! I think my favorite was the one that was "my dad, Robert"

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

so - no one has better pics than these of these cool customs?????

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Thanks for posting this. I love reading about Mego Meet (I will make it there someday!) and my favorite part of it is the coverage of the kids' customs. Great to see the creativity, talent, and enthusiasm that go into these.

Hopefully some additional pictures will surface... maybe this would get more attention in the Mego Meet section rather than Finished Customs?

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by sprytel
              Thanks for posting this. I love reading about Mego Meet (I will make it there someday!) and my favorite part of it is the coverage of the kids' customs. Great to see the creativity, talent, and enthusiasm that go into these.

Hopefully some additional pictures will surface... maybe this would get more attention in the Mego Meet section rather than Finished Customs?
              Thanks!

and I thought about posting it there, but I waited soooo long that I thought this was more appropriate. I assume people who care will see it where ever.

Comment

• danadoll
                Micronaut Nut!
                • Apr 11, 2005

Those are really great! I have to say, my favorite is Spy vs. Spy...LOL!

Dana
                "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Thanks for posting this, my notes were poor at best. One of the kids was written as "adorable little girl".
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Thanks for posting this, my notes were poor at best. One of the kids was written as "adorable little girl".
                    that may have been the creator of 'My Dad, Robert'

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by rche
                      that may have been the creator of 'My Dad, Robert'
                      Yeah. Definitely not Lily. She's too old to be adorable. -And Brian probably knows her name. But I don't remember Robert's daughter's name either. I gave her an American Girl doll dog earlier in the day - we will make her LOVE Mego Meet.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

My daughter Dani made the AJ/Batman hybrid figure. She had a lot of fun with this, so thanks to everyone involved in having this for the kids. She got some nice prizes too! Very generous of you.

I thought I may have found her another hobby in customizing Megos, but she's too busy crocheting these adorable creations. Hey, as long as she's being creative!

sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Brue
                          Yeah. Definitely not Lily. She's too old to be adorable. -And Brian probably knows her name. But I don't remember Robert's daughter's name either. I gave her an American Girl doll dog earlier in the day - we will make her LOVE Mego Meet.
                          We talked to them for awhile. Columbus people. My youngest had a stroke when she saw the dog, but Brue made up for it with a Power Girl.

Comment

• Brue
                            User without title
                            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by hedrap
                            We talked to them for awhile. Columbus people. My youngest had a stroke when she saw the dog, but Brue made up for it with a Power Girl.
                            i want everyone to go away happy!

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              My daughter Dani made the AJ/Batman hybrid figure. She had a lot of fun with this, so thanks to everyone involved in having this for the kids. She got some nice prizes too! Very generous of you.

I thought I may have found her another hobby in customizing Megos, but she's too busy crocheting these adorable creations. Hey, as long as she's being creative!

Holy Moly! Those are incredible!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎