Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First dive to Titanic in over a decade....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

First dive to Titanic in over a decade....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6IpFXLJgAc

and the ship is now disintegrating. I know it's expected after over a hundred years, but this still makes me sad. it was a pivotal moment in history. I know it's a protected site, but at this point they should bring up whatever they can salvage and put it in a museum, before it's all completely gone.
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Interesting …

I don't think it should be preserved …

It would be like in the future somebody digging up a person that was buried in a KISS casket in order to preserve the casket

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, I get that. but any skeletal remains have long since turned to dust. something about the depth and temperature of the salt water disintegrates bones. I saw a documentary on it once and they said they found pairs of shoes side by side where the bodies had settled, but the shoes were all that was left

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I’m more about protecting the disappearing coral reefs than some man made scrap metal.

Having said that, I’m not opposed to salvaging parts for a museum. I’m all for that.

A Titanic museum with parts of the ship and its contents would be a huge hit.
        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

agreed on the coral reefs. that is something that must be saved.

but the titanic is a piece of history that has fascinated generations of people for over a hundred years. I know they have a museum already, I believe it is in England. but this stuff disintegrating at the bottom of the ocean is priceless and they should preserve what they can at this point

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I remember seeing on TV there's a Titanic museum somewhere in the US.

The Ghost Adventurers went there and also a show that featured prop guys recreating the grand stair case for the museum.

I wanna say in Branson or maybe Pigeon Forge … It's somewhere weird where you wouldn't picture a Titanic museum

Comment

• The Nawd
              Nawd your head for yes.
              • Feb 15, 2011

I know there's one in Pigeon Forge, TN. However there is a second one in Branson, I'm pretty sure that's where The Ghost Adventurers went. If I remember right they're both owned by the same person.

There used to be a traveling exhibit too.

And there's like two or three other museums outside the United States but I forget where they are.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎