Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony and Marvel/Disney's partnership on Spidey coming to an end

Quote Originally Posted by drquest View Post
    Disney needs to "liberate" Spiderman by buying Sony Pictures.
    While Disney is bigger than Sony Pictures...unfortunately for Disney...Sony Corporation is a very large and diversified giant Japanese conglomerate. Itís too big overall even for Disney.

Images
    they'll work it out, there's too much money to be made for both of them

All I know is the Disney takeover of Fox cost a lot of people their jobs and made for less opportunities for available work so I’m not rooting for Disney to takeover Sony just for Spider-Man movies.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Oh I can, the main reason Disney bought Fox was to get the Marvel characters back, the other reason was to add there catalog to there's so that they can offer a big online catalog. So think how big it would be if the added Sony to there list. As Sony keeps saying they have 900 Spider-verse characters they have control over (only about 20 they would use) but think about what would happen if Marvel had that list of characters to add to there list.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Quote Originally Posted by monitor_ep View Post
    Oh I can, the main reason Disney bought Fox was to get the Marvel characters back, the other reason was to add there catalog to there's so that they can offer a big online catalog. So think how big it would be if the added Sony to there list. As Sony keeps saying they have 900 Spider-verse characters they have control over (only about 20 they would use) but think about what would happen if Marvel had that list of characters to add to there list.
    I work in the industry so I have a different point of view. That Fox deal eliminated thousands of jobs. It’s like the mouse owns everything. There needs to be more places to work than just Disney.

I wouldn’t want to see it happen just so Kraven can meet Hulk.

The good part is that I don’t think they’re going to buy Sony anyway.

I am a shareholder in Disney (many shares) and this is in the talks. Sony will not sell back the rights to Disney/Marvel because he is there cash cow, but if you buy the farm it makes a difference.

Hopefully Sony & Marvel can work out a deal. It would work out best in the long run, I mean even Venom they had to get some rewrites from Marvel so without Marvel they are not going to make it.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Quote Originally Posted by monitor_ep View Post
    I am a shareholder in Disney (many shares) and this is in the talks. Sony will not sell back the rights to Disney/Marvel because he is there cash cow, but if you buy the farm it makes a difference.

Hopefully Sony & Marvel can work out a deal. It would work out best in the long run, I mean even Venom they had to get some rewrites from Marvel so without Marvel they are not going to make it.
    If I were in your shoes, I’d be furious about how they’ve handled Star Wars.

I haven't watched the Disney Star Wars due to the fact to just dumped all the past work. There was so much they could have worked with but nope they just created there own version of Star Wars and I decided it was not for me.

On a side not I cannot wait till my nephew gets a little older so we can go to Disney and spend time at Star Wars.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Images
    Jeremy Renner has apparently made his thoughts known via Instagram:

"Hey @sonypictures we want Spider-Man back to @therealstanlee and @marvel please, thank you #congrats #spidermanrocks #please."
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Images
    Kevin Feige quote via Entertainment Weekly:

Kevin Feige spoke a little more in depth about all the drama swirling around the webslinger, explaining the fixed time aspect of the original deal. When asked by Entertainment Weekly how he was feeling about Spider-Man, Feige said:

“I’m feeling about Spider-Man gratitude and joy. We got to make five films within the MCU with Spider-Man, two standalone films and three with the Avengers. It was a dream that I never thought would happen. It was never meant to last forever. We knew there was a finite amount of time that we’d be able to do this, and we told the story we wanted to tell, and I’ll always be thankful for that.”
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).