Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony and Marvel/Disney's partnership on Spidey coming to an end

Sony and Marvel/Disney's partnership on Spidey coming to an end

https://deadline.com/2019/08/kevin-f...er-1202672545/

Looks like a dispute has ended the partnership between Disney and Sony to share Spider-Man.Disney will no longer be involved in producing the Spider-Man and related character movies, and it's not likely Spidey will appear in any MCU movies moving forward.

-M

Images
    Not sure what the sudden dispute between these two is, but it's basically just crappy news for Spidey fans all the way around. We FINALLY get the X-MEN, the FF and all the other FOX Marvel properties back into the MCU only to lose one of the flagship characters? Personally, I can't see it lasting. I think Disney/MARVEL will cough up the big $$$$$ needed to secure Spidey lock, stock and barrel or Disney will just basically say "You know, we bought FOX; we can buy you, too..." Either way, it would help to alleviate some of SONY's current financial woes....
    Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

This news makes me hopeful for the future of Spider-man.

Images
    that stinks, I really like Spidey being in the MCU. he needs to be there. I like Holland in the role too. Sony just had their biggest blockbuster ever with Far From Home. they pull the plug here and they get maybe one more box office success and then it is back to ho hum crappy movies like ASM 1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    This news makes me hopeful for the future of Spider-man.
    I'm with you. Yeah, I'll miss Spidey in the MCU, but I won't miss Disney's meddling and identity politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    that stinks, I really like Spidey being in the MCU. he needs to be there. I like Holland in the role too. Sony just had their biggest blockbuster ever with Far From Home. they pull the plug here and they get maybe one more box office success and then it is back to ho hum crappy movies like ASM 1 & 2
    I really liked ASM...but ASM2 was terrible.

Images
    Won't last. Neither side wins. Sony needs the MCU connection. Marvel needs Spider-Man.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    Won't last. Neither side wins. Sony needs the MCU connection. Marvel needs Spider-Man.
    The money they made of the joint venture will probably bring them back together again. Though it may take a few Sony failures to get there.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

I hate that Sony got greedy with there one property that is making money thanks to Marvel. What bothers me most is there past deal, I cannot image more Sony Spider-verse movies without Spider-Man. Just how far can they go without him, and now we cannot see the potential of Marvel characters with Spider-verse characters.

Black Panther vs Kraven the Hunter
    Kingpin showing up in the Spider-verse
    Morbius The Living Vampire should be able to show up in the Adventures Of Fear (Ghost Rider & Helstorm)
    Who has control of the Sinister Six now that most of them have shown up in the Marvel movies?

And do you trust Sony to do a good Spider-Man movie, there track record is great and Venom was far from a great movie.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    Blog Entries

Spidey

Heard all about that b******* on the news last night.