Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Black Hole on BluRay

Images

The Black Hole on BluRay

It was mentioned before that The Black Hole was finally coming out on BluRay.

It's a Disney Movie Club exclusive, but these are showing up on eBay, and some are selling for quite a bit.

So a couple of things to note:

The Disney Movie Club is very confusing. But basically, you can get in and out for about $70-$80 for 6 Blu Rays. But Black Hole is not yet eligible for one of your introductory Blu Rays. There's a thread on BluRay.com that explains the Disney Movie Club and how to get in and out efficiently.

I am going to wait a little while on this. I'd like to see if Something Wicked This Way Comes or Watcher in the Woods makes it to the Club. Also want Black Hole to be "eligible".

Also, the Overture that plays before the credits has been found on the disc with computer Blu Ray drives... but it is not playable with any set top Blu ray Player. Very odd. It's on there, but you can't see it. Also, instead of playing against the star field, it is on a black screen. There may or may not be a correction from Disney, but probably not.

At any rate, I will wait a month or two. I have another Hi Def copy to watch to tide me over if I want while I wait it out.

I took the plunge and bought it off Ebay. I would honestly rather pay a scalper than sign up for Disney's club and give them one cent more of my money than I have to.

It's a principles thing. I don't agree with their adding politics to everything and their censorship.

Images
    I picked up one on eBay as well. If you look at completed auctions they are going for a decent amount. I found a buy it now that was just listed and was reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by drquest View Post
    I picked up one on eBay as well. If you look at completed auctions they are going for a decent amount. I found a buy it now that was just listed and was reasonable.
    Same here...now if they will just release The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh on Blu-ray I can forget Disney exists...LOL.

Images
    Disney is all about making lots of money.

My gut tells me that they will use this to maybe get an influx into their movie club, and after that plays out, it will become available other places. Just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungOnce View Post

My gut tells me that they will use this to maybe get an influx into their movie club, and after that plays out, it will become available other places. Just guessing.
    You may be right...I considered that possibility, but just in case they don't, I figure secondary market prices will only go up.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOnce View Post

My quite-expensive secondary-market DVD of The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh does not support your theory.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    If you're already a Member of the Club,you can get this for $12.95. The drawback to that however,is you have to buy another Blu-Ray at full price.

Images
    I'll wait till it comes out on Yellow Ray
    .................................................. .......................