X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New MOTU animated series by Kevin Smith

Masters of the Universe Revelation for Netflix.

New Kevin Smith Masters Of The Universe Animated Series Coming To Netflix
    Last edited by Werewolf; Aug 18, '19, 4:05 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

brace yourself for poop jokes.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
      brace yourself for poop jokes.
      Ha, yeah, wouldn't surprise me. Anyone Remember the infamous Thundercats Roar trailer where Lion-O farted?

BTW: I've actually gotten used to popular and iconic 80s properties getting pooped on in reboots by now.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I need to know a lot more before I pass judgement. But Kevin Smith and the announced format give me pause.

I was actually quite a fan of the 200X series.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 18, '19, 4:53 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

There was stuff I liked and didn't like about the 2002 reboot. I disliked Skeletor jumping around like a hyper jack rabbit and twirling has havoc staff like a majorette. Also He-Man's redesign never grew on me. Hated the short spikey mullet and mecha power rangers sword. On the plus side it had a strong voice cast.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
            Ha, yeah, wouldn't surprise me. Anyone Remember the infamous Thundercats Roar trailer where Lion-O farted?
            No you don't understand, Smith can't write anything without bathroom humour. Batman pee'd his pants, the first issue of the Six Million Dollar man has Jaime Sommers complaining how Steve stunk up the john, the list goes on and on.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

Pass. All I need is the MYP series.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

A radical return to Eternia, Revelation is a direct sequel series to the classic era of Masters of the Universe. Featuring fan favorites He-Man, Orko, Cringer and Man-At-Arms, the story pits our heroic warriors and guardians of Castle Grayskull against Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Beastman and the vile legions of Snake Mountain!

But after a ferocious final battle forever fractures Eternia, it's up to Teela to solve the mystery of the missing Sword of Power in a race against time to prevent the end of the Universe! Her journey will uncover the secrets of Grayskull at last. This is the epic He-Man and the Masters of the Universe saga fans have waited 35 yeas to see!
                I can tell you right now it will NOT follow the classic series. When they state that Teela has to solve the mystery means she will be the lead and that did not happen in the original.

Masters-of-the-Universe cartoon 1.jpgMasters-of-the-Universe cartoon 2.jpg
                Last edited by monitor_ep; Aug 18, '19, 6:49 PM.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                  No you don't understand, Smith can't write anything without bathroom humour. Batman pee'd his pants, the first issue of the Six Million Dollar man has Jaime Sommers complaining how Steve stunk up the john, the list goes on and on.
                  Oh, yeah, forgot about that. Dandy.

On the plus side it will probably still be closer to the source material than the She-Ra reboot.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Pixel Dan interview with Kevin Smith. Sounds promising. Seems like they are not going to reinvent the wheel or add any Jay & Silent Bob style humor to it.

New to the channel? Subscribe! ► https://goo.gl/NfMjcQPixel Dan is with Kevin Smith at Power-Con! Kevin is the show runner for the upcoming new Netflix anima...

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

I prefer the canon they created for MOTUC. I'm in no hurry to see any of that undone.
                      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

He-Man: “Man-at-Arms!! You take out Beast-man and Merman while I go after Skeletor!”

Man-st-Arms: “Ugg! I’m not even supposed to be here today!!”
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by B-Lister
                          I prefer the canon they created for MOTUC. I'm in no hurry to see any of that undone.
                          I found it very convoluted and I hated about 80% of the "real names" they gave the characters.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

I just ignored the MOTUC bios. Nice figures but the card backs always went straight to the recycle bin.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Well, it's nice to see Smith get real work, and not just mug on special features, etc. But yeah, I don't have a lot of faith in him. For someone who says he is a mega-fan, (and I believe he believes that) he has little reverence for the material he adapts.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎