Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonight's Special Guest Villain John Wayne as The Planet Master!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Tonight's Special Guest Villain John Wayne as The Planet Master!!!

Irving Norbert working under the stage name of Wayne Johnson was a beloved kids TV star of the adventure show The Planet Master. the ratings started to go down with the arrival of Batman as Gotham's new hero. Irving of course blamed Batman for his eventual cancellation and went into hiding, plundering the Wayne Foundation R&D for a working jet pack and gravity gun so he could have his revenge on the two masked crime fighters that ruined his action career.

John Wayne head from juanimal off ebay, decals from lasermego, helmet from the Mike Tyson Astronaut figure with added foam fin. pistol from my parts bin originally from a member here I forgot whom. Enjoy. Rod Serling may be next up on the show or George Burns whichever I finish first.

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Simply genius!!
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

He's here! Great figure and fun backstory. Keep them coming.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I just had to look this guy up, your backstory is way better.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

thx, I borrowed his name that's about it, just needed it to work in the 66 world. I could see Wayne doing a Batman episode or two.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Also I have to thank Pngwynne for his consultation work. He's been a big help on Serling if I ever get him done. Also Planetmaster's goons would be thinly veiled kids show host characatures like Mr Rogers, Capt Kangaroo, Howdy doody (well maybe that should be saved for Ventriloquist) and Bozo.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

You're welcome anytime, sir. Now Miss Demeanor, that was genius lol.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Great idea for a custom and fun storyline, hope there's more coming soon, same Bat time, same Bat channel.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

soonish. I have George Burns all worked out and a angle for Scarface and the Ventriloquist

Comment

• battmasterson
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 22, 2010

Awesome job! I love the back story and as always, you do great work.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

thx again. Really fun trying to work in what I can find 60s actor wise with the show. I think Wayne might have done this given the chance.

Comment

• newlyknighted
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 21, 2010

Thinking outside the box with this one. Really cool!
                        I post in thy general direction!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎