Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dracula (1979) finally to be released on Blu ray in orignal theatrical color.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Dracula (1979) finally to be released on Blu ray in orignal theatrical color.

Finally!! My all time favorite Dracula movie has not been seen in it's original theatrical color since the original pan and scan MCA VHS release. Later MCA Universal VHS releases as well as DVD and Blu Ray were all the desaturated version.

Shout Factory 2 Disc collector edition November 26 with a new HD transfer of the theatrical version.

Find All Of Your Favorite Film, TV, & Cult Classics On Blu-Ray Here At Shout! Factory. Featuring Thousands Of Titles, Limited Collector's Editions, Box Sets, & More. Shop Now!
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

The Frank Langella version?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

that's the one

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

That's good news.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Cool! I HATE the desaturated version!
          JediJaida

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Dracula_BR_Cover_72dpi.jpg

• As announced earlier, this is being presented as a 2-Disc Blu-ray Collector’s Edition and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.
            • Includes a new HD transfer of the theatrical version as seen in theaters in 1979 with full color as well as the alternate director-approved version of the film created in 1991 for home video with a muted color palette.
            • The newly commissioned artwork you see pictured comes to us from artist Mark Maddox (Dracula: Prince of Darkness). This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will feature the original theatrical artwork.
            • New and existing extras will be announced on a later date.
            Yeah I am getting this!
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I'm in! Very underrated film, and one of the better adaptations. I didn't really know about the desaturation issue until getting the DVD a few years back. I hadn't seen the film since a syndicated airing sometimes in the 80s. But I will gladly buy a nicer copy!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎