Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest Trailers Masters of the Universe (1987)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Honest Trailers Masters of the Universe (1987)

Okay, this is pretty spot on.

Huge MOTU/POP fan as kid and still am. I saw this at the theater and I was like "What the hell?" Where's Orko and Battlecat and why is the whole movie taking place on Earth!? Don't get me wrong I do have a lot of affection for the movie and it has grown on me. But I still have to admit it would be close to unwatchable without Frank Langella's Skeletor. He really does make the movie and to be totally fair, Meg Foster as Evil-Lyn is also pretty good. I know Dolph gets a bit of criticism for his acting in this but I honestly can't think of any other actor at the time that could really have done the character. He certainly looks the part.

I also do find a bit of dark humor in that any new MOTU movie or reboot will more than likely even be less close to source material than this one was.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Aug 15, '19, 11:09 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • tay666
    Career Member
    • Dec 27, 2008

I actually enjoyed the movie, and owned it on VHS.
    Then again, I was outside the age group for MOTU. I watched the cartoons occasionally, because there wasn't much else to watch at the time. But I was 20 when this movie came out and I thought it was a pretty good hoot.

Then again, I also really like the original Punisher with Dolph as well.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎