Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrities who are positive to meet at shows thread

Blog Entries
    Frank Gorshin was the guest once at this totally snowed in con in Buffalo I went to once. The hall was empty and he looked miserable, he was smoking too, it turned out to be tremendously fun to talk to miserable Frank Gorshin. He was being really catty but enjoying holding court with the five people in the room.

I also spent an hour with Van Williams in the late 1990s, he's just a really nice, humble human being.

Images
    I think that I am forgetting a person or two, but I have really not many celebs, in any form.

Here is a small list of some more notable celebs that I’ve met and observations:

Randolph Mantooth: Extremely nice. I enjoyed meeting him.

Robert Fuller: Great guy. Very generous with his fans.

Michael Jordan (1989): Quite friendly. Very giving of his limited time. It was a great experience.

James Taylor: Couldn’t have been nicer. He’s also very attentive and accommodating with his fans, from what I saw. Additionally, he seemed very down to earth. You didn’t get the idea that he has ever been “Hey, I’m James Taylor!”

Jackson Browne: I met him at a Barnes & Nobles in 2002. We had a great conversation. I certainly was not disappointed. From what I observed, he was very generous with all of his fans. Before this meeting, I read that he collected footage of his old performances. It so happened that I was able to get a couple of VHS Master copies from a show he did, in Chicago, of PBS’s series “Sound Stage” from 1976. He really appreciated that.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    A few names (of celebrities still living) that immediately spring to mind are:
    Bruce Boxleitner
    Dave Prowse
    Jeremy Bulloch
    Garrick Hagon
    Brian Blessed
    Herbert Jefferson Jr.
    Anthony Daniels
    Last edited by Bruce Banner; Aug 15, '19 at 3:40 PM.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

The most memorable one was Marina Sirtis hugging me way back in 1988, Los Angeles convention, the first one involving the Next Generation...I wanted to marry her right there on the spot, lol.

Images
    Ditto on Jackson Bostwick
    Best celeb I ever met was Yvonne Craig. Super nice and thankful that people stood in line to meet her. She seemed genuine and actually spent time talking with each person

Images
    Blog Entries
    I've only been to one convention, where I met Jim Steranko. He was very generous with his time, we had a great conversation about The Shadow and Kavalier & Klay. A reasonable autograph on my Shadow paperback, too.

I'm pleased to hear well of Van Williams. I'd love to meet Jackson Bostwick.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

I met Sam J Jones a couple years ago and he was nice and funny..A guy behind was getting a Spirit DVD signed and he recognized it as a bootleg.Marina Sirtis I met.Patrick Stewart was literally in my neighborhood at a bookstore when he was here performing "A Christmas Carol"

Images
    I've heard nothing but good things about Alan Oppenheimer. A genuinely nice person.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Blog Entries
    ^I've seen footage of him at cons, he seems to be having a ball.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    i don't go to cons, but when I get a chance to see a show at Daryls House, the artist usually comes out afterwards for meet and greet. every one I have met so far has been appreciative of the fans and very gracious
    Denny Laine
    John Sebastian
    Kip Winger
    Tommy Heath (Tommy Tutone)