Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1990s Toy Rot

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    Which ones? I didn't even know McFarlane used any soft goods, or is it the all plastic figures?
    The pleather on their KISS figures held up poorly but I meant their plastic in general. It tends to break and crumble over time. I apologize for not being clearer.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    The pleather on their KISS figures held up poorly but I meant their plastic in general. It tends to break and crumble over time. I apologize for not being clearer.
    No problem...good to know. I've been thinking about getting some of their monster figures.

Images
    I can't imagine most of DC Direct's early output is going to stand the test of time. I've had parts just fall of figures that weren't that old.

I really wonder what's going to happen to my Hot Toys Bale and Keaton Batman figures eventually. Oy. My Captain America: First Avenger shield flaked with a simple touch of a Swiffer duster a few years back. Heart-wrenching.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    I can't imagine most of DC Direct's early output is going to stand the test of time. I've had parts just fall of figures that weren't that old.

I really wonder what's going to happen to my Hot Toys Bale and Keaton Batman figures eventually. Oy. My Captain America: First Avenger shield flaked with a simple touch of a Swiffer duster a few years back. Heart-wrenching.

Chris
    Yep. I've also seen several examples of Mezco One:12 figures with rubbery suits already beginning to crack and peel. I'm not collecting any of that high end stuff anymore. My good old Toy Biz five POA figures are as good as the day I bought them.

Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Ahh - I recently threw a Plastic Man from that line in the trash. The removable mask split at the seam and fell off almost instantly (I don't even understand the concept of making Plastic Man's mask removable, did he ever once take it off?) and recently the rest of him started falling apart.

This is the one I had to trash:
    Last edited by Brazoo; Aug 19, '19 at 12:42 PM.

Images
    ^Oh yeah, I have that one. I haven't checked on him lately. I bet he's putty on the shelf.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif