Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14" Wave 7

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I wouldn't judge the 14" Dracula at all right now, the photo released was not supposed to be seen.
    That could be great news...maybe it's going to be a fully authorized accurate Bela after all.

Either way, I'm still betting the licensing issue revolves around that figure.
    Lugosi Jr. has a decades old reputation of being difficult to work with whether you're making a licensed Dracula that looks like his dad or an unlicensed one that even slightly resembles him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    Lugosi Jr. has a decades old reputation of being difficult to work with whether you're making a licensed Dracula that looks like his dad or an unlicensed one that even slightly resembles him.
    It's Lugosi Jr. Jr. now and I did not hear this from Mego, actually from another person in licensing last year, yeah, apple....tree....

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    It's Lugosi Jr. Jr. now and I did not hear this from Mego, actually from another person in licensing last year, yeah, apple....tree....
    LOL...doesn't surprise me. There's an old joke about Bela Jr. being a worse bloodsucker than his father ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalObserver View Post
    I just got charged for Shazam and Black Adam from ToyWiz.
    Just received this email.

Dear Valued Customer,This email is in regards to your order for DC Shazam Shazam 14" Action Figure (Mego Corp) and DC Shazam Black Adam 14" Action Figure (Mego Corp) unfortunately our order from the manufacturer has pushed back our shipment. At this time the release it is to be determined meaning it is undecided when and/or if there will be a release. We are truly sorry for the delay and any inconvenience this has caused. At this time we want to confirm if you are still interested in this order if not we can cancel the order for you immediately. If you were charged we can set you up for a full refund. If you decide you want to proceed with the order once the item becomes available we will ship it out to you accordingly. If for some reason our shipment is cancelled by the manufacturer we will cancel your order immediately and reach out to you advising you of the information. Please let us know if you would like to proceed with your order or cancel it completely. If you have additional
    items on your order, let us know if you would like to proceed with them as well. Our toll free phone no# 1-877-451-2597 Direct Ext. 122 Our office hours are:Mon-Fri 10-6pm EST.Thank youTiondraToywiz.com

Any photos of the proposed Frankenstein and Dracula figures? Seems odd to push back an entire wave over potentially one figure.

Lugosi Jr. had to fight for years to get control of his father’s likeness. He blazed the trail for other estates, and is fierce in his defense of the property. The studios thought they “owned” everything associated with the films back in the day, and the litigation was long and expensive.

I don’t blame him one bit.

Mego already licensed a Lugosi piece - they should pay the freight on this - it will sell more in the end.

I think they should release Shazam and Black Adam by themselves now, and release the monsters later.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Ach, GlobalObserver, that's distressing.

I really like Capt Marvel and Black Adam, maybe Lonnie has a good point.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by noelani72 View Post
    yeah, I am surprised. If it is a licensing issue, surely it is not on all four of them. Go ahead and ship the ones that are free and clear of issue..

Sorry to tangent, but along the lines of 14" figure availability...
    and I am a bit salty Black Manta is still not available unless you buy a whole case of figures. Everyone else in that assortment is available to buy individually, why not Black Manta?
    thats ok with wave 7 monsters and WOK figures i'm going broke anyhow