X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

14" Wave 7

I'm not sure why, but the wave 7 case of 14" figures has been removed from the License-2-Play website. I hope it's just because they are adding pictures. Strange for sure.
  • Scarpad
    • Jun 20, 2019

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    I'm not sure why, but the wave 7 case of 14" figures has been removed from the License-2-Play website. I hope it's just because they are adding pictures. Strange for sure.
    it was announced the 14 in wave 7 is delayed due to a licensing issue

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I can't keep all these waves straight in my mind. Is this the wave with Capt. Marvel and Black Adam? I was just about to order those...
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 13, '19, 9:11 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Yeah, Shazam, Black Adam, Dracula, and Frankenstein.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

I bet I know what the licensing issue is too...it's Dracula. I can almost guarantee it.

They didn't want to pay Lugosi but they still went too close to him with the sculpt. If I'm wrong I'll be shocked.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

Maybe Fred Lugosi. Didn't look anything like Bela.

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

yeah, I am surprised. If it is a licensing issue, surely it is not on all four of them. Go ahead and ship the ones that are free and clear of issue..

Sorry to tangent, but along the lines of 14" figure availability...
              and I am a bit salty Black Manta is still not available unless you buy a whole case of figures. Everyone else in that assortment is available to buy individually, why not Black Manta?

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 12, 2004

I just got charged for Shazam and Black Adam from ToyWiz.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                  Maybe Fred Lugosi. Didn't look anything like Bela.
                  It has more than a passing resemblance to him. You can definitely see what they were going for.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I wouldn't judge the 14" Dracula at all right now, the photo released was not supposed to be seen.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                      I wouldn't judge the 14" Dracula at all right now, the photo released was not supposed to be seen.
                      That could be great news...maybe it's going to be a fully authorized accurate Bela after all.

Either way, I'm still betting the licensing issue revolves around that figure.
                      Lugosi Jr. has a decades old reputation of being difficult to work with whether you're making a licensed Dracula that looks like his dad or an unlicensed one that even slightly resembles him.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72
                        Lugosi Jr. has a decades old reputation of being difficult to work with whether you're making a licensed Dracula that looks like his dad or an unlicensed one that even slightly resembles him.
                        It's Lugosi Jr. Jr. now and I did not hear this from Mego, actually from another person in licensing last year, yeah, apple....tree....
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                          It's Lugosi Jr. Jr. now and I did not hear this from Mego, actually from another person in licensing last year, yeah, apple....tree....
                          LOL...doesn't surprise me. There's an old joke about Bela Jr. being a worse bloodsucker than his father ever was.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 12, 2004

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                            I just got charged for Shazam and Black Adam from ToyWiz.
                            Just received this email.

Dear Valued Customer,This email is in regards to your order for DC Shazam Shazam 14" Action Figure (Mego Corp) and DC Shazam Black Adam 14" Action Figure (Mego Corp) unfortunately our order from the manufacturer has pushed back our shipment. At this time the release it is to be determined meaning it is undecided when and/or if there will be a release. We are truly sorry for the delay and any inconvenience this has caused. At this time we want to confirm if you are still interested in this order if not we can cancel the order for you immediately. If you were charged we can set you up for a full refund. If you decide you want to proceed with the order once the item becomes available we will ship it out to you accordingly. If for some reason our shipment is cancelled by the manufacturer we will cancel your order immediately and reach out to you advising you of the information. Please let us know if you would like to proceed with your order or cancel it completely. If you have additional
                            items on your order, let us know if you would like to proceed with them as well. Our toll free phone no# 1-877-451-2597 Direct Ext. 122 Our office hours are:Mon-Fri 10-6pm EST.Thank youTiondraToywiz.com

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Nov 29, 2012

Any photos of the proposed Frankenstein and Dracula figures? Seems odd to push back an entire wave over potentially one figure.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎