X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

The impossible whopper

After the BK taco fiasco I decided to try this meatless burger.

Not terrible, not great.

Vegans sure are obsessed with food that looks and tastes like meat, and this is a prime example. It has the texture and flavor of beef but it has a fairly strong aftertaste.

Proceed with caution
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

The way they are prepared, they aren't even vegetarian.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Vegans and vegetarians should eat things that actually look like veggies, not meat.

I don’t want my bloody steak to look like a leaf of lettuce for example, lol.

It’s Burger King, my least favorite fast food burger joint...I’ll pass.
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

A lot of this plant based stuff is really processed and high in salt and fat. If you're already eating a diet rich in vegetable matter, you'll be fine but most of us carnivores should just eat more plants and forget about this stuff.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Seems like people that eat just Veggies tend to get bad teeth after a while

Must be missing some nutrients that meat has or something

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Speaking in terms of health, you have to wonder if the chemicals to get it to taste the way it does outweigh any benefit of avoiding meat, aside from moral reasons. Moderation, right? If you have a fast food burger once every few months, it shouldn't hurt you if you eat fairly healthy daily.

Oh, and I made darn sure to READ this thread and not just the title after the BK Taco Appreciation Thread fooled me!!!

Comment

• justzeg18
              Career Member
              • May 5, 2003

For those wondering how it compares in nutrition: The Impossible Whopper is only 30 calories and six grams of fat less than the standard Whopper, and 100 mg more sodium.
              Grabbed that quote out of the article I read earlier this week, https://thetakeout.com/review-burger...per-1837069411
              Last edited by justzeg18; Aug 11, '19, 9:59 PM.

Comment

• Treadwell
                Museum Super Collector
                • Dec 31, 2018

If you look at the nutritional info it has almost as much bad stuff as a regular Whopper... and even MORE sodium!

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

Now that I take care of my nephew on the weekends, I am glad to see this coming out. When we pick him up on Friday we take him to the Museum (has dinosaurs) and the aquarium (loves the touch tank) and then we go to Burger King to get him the nuggets. Since both my boyfriend and I eat more natural food or veggies this works at best for the three of us. We used to get there veggie burger (told them to skip the gas chamber) cut the ketchup and mayo with a side salad and get unsweet tea. That really cuts back bad stuff.

When we take him back we stop at Carl's Jr so he can get a kids meal and again we started up with the lettuce wrap impossible burger (hold ketchup & mayo) with side salad and unsweet tea. Even the nephew has started to drink unsweet tea. This is the only time we eat the veggie meat.

It is not bad, the way they make the 'burgers' bleed is beets. It does take the real fast food burgers. Just remember that most fast food burgers as NOT made of 100% beef, they are a science experiment themselves.
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

I dont trust veggie dishes that are trying to pretend to be meat. I like a lot of vegan dishes but I don't think they need to be disguised as meat.

Comment

• mego
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 16, 2012

not terrible, not great.... sounds like you're talking about Burger King in general. haha.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Moral concerns aside, you're ahead to eat a burger made from real organic-raised meat. There are plenty of downsides to the green slime too.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                          Moral concerns aside, you're ahead to eat a burger made from real organic-raised meat. There are plenty of downsides to the green slime too.
                          So many times this.

People, in general, have no concept how food gets to their table. My Great Grandparents and Grandparents were farmers. My Mom grew up on a farm. They would have been considered ethical and organic before that was even a thing. They didn't mistreat their animals. Heck, the animals got better care than they did. Buy local and organic. Stay away from the large corporate farms. Lean organic grass fed beef and organic grain fed poultry is going to be better for you than chemically treated modified soy protein artificially flavored to resemble meat.

Lastly, try to stay away from fast food. Whether it's pink or green slime, it's just not good for you.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

A good Whopper is impossible from them.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              A good Whopper is impossible from them.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢