X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome things on Ebay this week

Six Million Dollar Man Bank by Animals Plus- I bought my first one of these banks (A Cornelius from Planet of the Apes) a couple of months ago and now I'm seriously window shopping more. They aren't terribly expensive (this one is $26) and they encapsulate some very cool 70s properties, this may be my new obsession.

Flash Gordon Stickers- There is so little Flash Gordon merch from the movie but these are pretty great, these are stickers you put into an album. Oh boy, this was my jam as a kid, I wish they weren't the UK only.

Vintage Monster Figures- I'm honestly not sure the backstory on these guys, they just hit all those wonderful buttons for me, unlicensed, colourful and cheaply made.

Fantastic Journey Trading Cards- Cancelled after 13 episodes in 1977, Fantastic Journey never got a lick of merchandise that I've ever seen. However, in Costa Rica, they did get into a series of TV trading cards that also includes Holmes and Yo-Yo. Yup you heard me.

Atomic Man Command Para-Drop: If you recall my Atomic Man video from a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned the very rare Atomic Man sets. This is one of them and well, it's PRICEY! I just wanted to share that killer artwork.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, great stuff! I like how Steve is waving at us as he bursts through a brick wall on that bank. Reminds me of the Aurora Superman kid.

Are those monsters recasts of the old Palmer monster figures from the 60s? The Dracula and Frakenstein look familiar, but I believe those always came unpainted...

Ike Eiseman! Scotty's nephew who dies in TWOK (and doesn't get a funeral), or the boy from the Witch Mountain movies!

That Atomic Man art has him kinda eerily looking like a brunette Daniel Craig! Fantastic packaging!

Thanks as always for sharing. I love this feature!

Chris
    Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Aug 9, '19, 3:28 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

That kid from Fantastic Journey is creepy looking. Both him and Jared Martin reunited on "The Phantom of the Roller Coaster" two part Wonder woman episodes.

Comment

• kinostadt
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 14, 2004

I think the Atomic Man on that artwork resembles George Lazenby as Bond.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I think the $$$ of the paradrop set is due not only to its scarcity, but also the unique survival crate.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

awesome stuff. the Atomic man set is cool

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Thought that was a Joe Zeta auction for Atomic Man. He gets some nice stuff.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

Looks like Steve got Pinkeye in his human left eye...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎