• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

Custom Head Question

Hi,
    Recently I purchased a custom 8" figure head on eBay. I plan on purchasing a Mego or CTVT style body to attach it to, but am currently in the process of moving so all my stuff is packed away and I don't want to actually try until I am settled in at my new place.

However, the head did arrive yesterday and is a hand-sculpted item made of a harder material. It has a neck with neck plug sculpted onto it, but just by eyeballing it, I'm not sure how well it will attach to a Mego body without being loose or just not attaching the way I would like.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

You can use a dremel or x-acto knife to enlarge the hole if needed. Conversely, you could use a dremel or sandpaper to make the neck peg smaller.

If you need to enlarge the neck peg to make it snugger, try adding a vinyl ponytail holed to it or thin strip of masking tape.

The neck hole can be warmed with very hot mater a hair dryer (be careful) to make head insertion easier.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Yes the ever present art of marrying a resin head and an a plastic body. Plumber's tape...silicon rubber bands...vaseline and hot glue...hooks and bands...so many ways to do it we should write a customizing book just on that lol.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        You can use a dremel or x-acto knife to enlarge the hole if needed.
        Or if you and sharp objects should never be in the same room together (like me), stick the end of a pair of scissors into the neck hole, open them, and gently scrape the sides going around in a circle until you shave enough off.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎