Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever inherit a large sum of money?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Anyone ever inherit a large sum of money?

A guy I work with is going to inherit $750K in about 3 months, on his 24th birthday .

Left to him by his grandmother who died a few weeks ago

That's a crazy amount of money.

Anyone else ever heard another story about someone inheriting a large chunk of cash ?
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I quote Roger Waters,

Daddy's flown across the ocean
    Leaving just a memory
    The snapshot in the family album
    Daddy, what else did you leave for me?
    Daddy, what'd'ja leave behind for me?
    All in all it was just a brick in the wall

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Never a LARGE sum, but when my grandmother passed away, my sister and I received the inheritance that would have been my mother's, but she had passed on before. So I used my half to pay off my student loans, taking away one never ending headache from our finances.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

You know the old saying: "Where there's a will there's a relative."

For several years before she died, my grandmother used to give me and the other grandchildren large gifts of money on our birthdays but always below the gift tax limit. I didn't get any additional inheritance, but she had been very generous.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Never a LARGE sum, but when my grandmother passed away, my sister and I received the inheritance that would have been my mother's, but she had passed on before. So I used my half to pay off my student loans, taking away one never ending headache from our finances.

Chris
          I had a slightly similar experience and used it in the same way.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

I'll paraphrase a different musician-

when papa left, all he left us was alone.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey
              I quote Roger Waters,

Daddy's flown across the ocean
              Leaving just a memory
              The snapshot in the family album
              Daddy, what else did you leave for me?
              Daddy, what'd'ja leave behind for me?
              All in all it was just a brick in the wall
              I think little Pink needed more than money to help shape him for what was coming his way. Daddy left no clues.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 3, 2009

a toy dealer pal of mine who lived in st louis originally ,his grandfather had owned silvermines and a patent on a mechanism that was and i believe is still used in vending machines ,who when he hit his early 20s ,i forget exactly ,inherited a fortune ,he located to daytona beach ,bought a massive house in the ponce de leon inlet area , had his and hers suvs black for him white for his wife ,early 90s ,id never even seen one in the uk let alone rode in one lol , he went nuts on vintage toys ,had them all as far as i can remember at his house in a lock up ,
                he was a big spiderman fan ,he bought a couple of spiderman suits ,red and blue and a all black one from someone at marvel ,they had been used for PAs , had them framed and signed by stan lee and proudly hung in his hallway ,well they were leaning on the wall waiting to be put up last time i saw them

he came to england for a auction at pinewood or shepperton ,and bought a screen worn robocop suit amongst other stuff ,i remember his story and his annoyance at taking hours to suit up and going trick or treating in it and coming second to a guy dressed as a cow with milk squirting udders ,"im wearing thousands of dollars worth of film prop and come second to a guy with milky t*t*"

i should add that ben had a long beard and didn't shave so i can imagine bearded ben robocop, well the effect may have been somewhat diluted by that

he was a great guy and had a wonderful family ,i lost touch with him a long time ago but would love to "talk toys" with him again someday
                Last edited by libby 1957dog; Aug 9, '19, 7:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎