Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOTU Origins comparison pics and vintage compatibility.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

MOTU Origins comparison pics and vintage compatibility.

I'm not going to go into the articulation or packaging. Enyawd72 and Odbjbg already did a great job with that.

Commemorative, Origins and vintage 12 back.

motuoriginscompare.JPG

I actually really like the new head sculpt. To me it works as kind of like a mix of Filmation with the vintage head sculpt. The additional included vintage style head is not a perfect match to vintage. But it's WAY closer than the Commemorative one. It's very close.

The origins figure cannot hold vintage weapons. They're too loose. He can surprising hold the vintage He-Man shield. It clips on fine. MOTUC weapons also work. In fact, I would actually recommend using a MOTUC power sword instead of the one the figure comes with. The handle is slightly too big and will stretch out the hand over time. In my picture I'm using the MOTUC power sword that comes with Castle Grayskull. The new battle axe is not an issue.

The origins figures will not fit in every vintage vehicle. Here are the ones I've tested.

Battle Ram-Yes
    Talon Fighter-Yes
    Stridor/Nightstalker-Yes
    Landshark- Sort of. You can get the figures in but they do not sit down all the way.
    Road Ripper- Yes
    Roton- No. Absolutely does not fit.
    Battle Cat/Panthor - Yes
    Battle Cat/ Panthor Commemorative- Sort of. The figures do not fit down in the saddles all the way. The Commemorative Battle Cat and Panthor are slightly smaller than vintage.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Prince Adam

Commemorative, Origins and vintage.

motuoriginsadam.JPG

A couple more compatibility tests.

Wind Raider- Sort of. The figure fits but does not sit down all the way.
    Bashasaurus-Yes.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Been playing with the interchangeable parts and swapped Adam's and He-Man's boots. I like the colors better this way. Makes He-Man look more like the vintage figure.

motuoriginsswap.JPG

These are, without a doubt, the nicest MOTU figures they have ever done.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Aug 7, '19, 9:16 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^I like it.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Glad to see you're on board! It's crazy how much two figures, which are just really identical, can somehow become my favorite MOTU figures. It's got me beyond pumped for the full line.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

^I'm with you guys...so excited for these it's unreal!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

These may finally suck me back into MOTU...

Thanks for sharing!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• noelani72
                27inaleon
                • Jun 25, 2002

yeah i am terribly enjoying this new MOTU stuff....I don't have anymore room in my collection for new stuff....i have a dilemma.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

I am thinking of getting these for my nephew when the show up on the shelves. I grew up collecting MOTC classic and was so upset when my Mother gave my complete collection to a friend. Now she regrets it but that is in the past. Since my nephew is going on 5 it will be nice to see him play with the same toys I did.

And yes I will get the WWE MOTU to add to the collection!
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

Looking forward to the Origins line, they look so rad.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

A little update.

I've been displaying the Origins He-Man with the MOTUC Filmation swords because the handle of sword that come with the figures is too big. It turns out the MOTUC weapons are also a little too big and stretch out the hands. I compared the extra included hands and it looks like the grip is actually scaled for vintage MOTU weapons. I did a hot water dunk and squeezed the figure's hands back to the grip of the extra hands and it holds vintage scale MOTU swords. I'm now using the MOTU commemorative Power Swords for display.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎