• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

CW Planning Another Arrow Spinoff, Unnamed As Of Yet

Any guesses on what it will be?

The CW is looking at another show set in the expanded Arrowverse.

The youth-skewing network is keeping the lights on for its DC Comics-based slate of shows with President Mark Pedowitz confirming that it is looking at another title, set in the Arrowverse, for next season.

This comes as Arrow, the first show set in this world for The CW, is coming to an end with its forthcoming eighth season.

Pedowitz said that there’s a “possibility” of an Arrow spin-off but that it is prioritizing another DC Comics property for next season, without giving any details.

“The fact that seven years ago, we introduced Arrow, who would have thought it would have spawned six shows, a whole universe that they managed to create. It’s quite a remarkable feat,” he added.

Arrow spawned titles including The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Batwoman.

The latter, which stars Ruby Rose as Batwoman, launches on October 6. Pedowitz said that the show, which was developed by Greg Berlanti and Caroline Dries, was the “next evolution” of the strand. “It’s the next step to do something. We believe these franchises, this universe will continue for many years, so it’s important to ensure that you have characters that will keep the fans coming back. How that universe plays out, time will tell,” he added.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

I think it's bloody obvious;

the Justice League.

If you go back to the first season of the Flash, you do see reference to the Flash as being; "an Founding member of the Justice League".

Who would be in it, though?

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
      I think it's bloody obvious;

the Justice League.
      Is the Arrowverse part of the DCEU? I assume not, given they have a Superman on Supergirl and a different one in the films. I ask because I don't think DC would allow a TV series for a property they thought better suited/more profitable for the big screen.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Well they do have a Flash show and there was supposed to be a Flash solo movie that may be dead in the water now So I'm not so sure they are hung up on double dipping like they used to be. If its an existing character I'd go with someone in Arrow's posse and keep it set in Star City. Or go villain and bring back Darhk he was fun.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Well they do have a Flash show and there was supposed to be a Flash solo movie that may be dead in the water now So I'm not so sure they are hung up on double dipping like they used to be. If its an existing character I'd go with someone in Arrow's posse and keep it set in Star City. Or go villain and bring back Darhk he was fun.
          Yeah, I did think about that, but I would be surprised if they would do that today. Since the Flash series, it seems like they've gone towards lesser characters (Legends, Black Lightning, Batwoman) or alternative versions (Gotham). Maybe they'd do a JL that wasn't canon to the movies. That's why I wondered about the Arrowverse's connection to the DCEU. All that said, I'm sure they could do whatever they want. I'm sure Berlanti has some juice with DC.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

These CW shows are at the point of no return for me. I'll finish Arrow and watch some Supergirl episodes when they dive deep into Superman's
            universe. But I really dislike Legends of Tomorrow and Flash.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

I am up for Zatanna tv series. She has only appeared in live action on Smallville so it is time. With her romance with John Constantine it would make for some great crossovers.
              zatanna.jpg

Another would be Blue Beetle. It was supposed happen but nothing came from it. I would love to see a Ted Kord/Jamie Reyes show. You could include other Charlton characters to fill ad to the roster.
              Charlton_heroes.jpg
              Last edited by monitor_ep; Aug 7, '19, 10:07 PM.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡