Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newlyknighted
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 21, 2010

I loved watching Leonard Nimoy's, In Search Of, when I was between the ages of 8 to 12. The segments involving haunted houses, Bigfoot, and the unseen, drove my imagination crazy with the creepy music soundtrack they used to enhance the fright factor.

The giant spider episode of Gilligan's Island called "the pigeon" made me believe I will never own a pet spider. That was really scary to me.

I was also scared by the ventriloquist dummy movie, Magic.
    I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Speaking of Gilligan... The vampire Gilligan episode gave me nightmares.

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

this scene from buck rogers journey to oasis!!!

aram.jpeg

Comment

• Iron Mego
          Wake Up Heavy
          • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Hedji
          The Little House on the Prairie where Half Pint thinks she sees Mr. Olsen decapitate Mrs. Olsen through the window. (It's actually just their store mannequin)
          I was reminded of this a few months back and the memory of being completely freaked out by this came rushing back.
          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Treadwell
            Museum Super Collector
            • Dec 31, 2018

Faceless Trek Lady eeked me out, too.
            Also, did she survive? She would've needed to have been rushed to sickbay and gotten a tracheotomy within 3 minutes or so. The Thasians said they undid everything Charlie did but couldn't save the Antares. I take that to mean they could restore everything he made go away, but the results of those disappearances (like the "baffle plate" disappearing causing the destruction of the ship) could not be reversed. So a perfect baffle plate would reappear in space where the Antares once was, and the crew member would get her face back but she'd still be dead.

A TV airing of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers remake gave me a nightmare or two. The not knowing if your friends are real or are pod people, and one of them inevitably hissing and pointing at you. In fact, in my dream I hissed at someone to maintain my cover among pod people, and that person was captured. I felt horrible!

I wasn't too fond of the giant spider on Gilligan's Island, although overall I do not have a spider phobia.

A late night airing of the 60s horror movie "Chamber of Horrors", with the "fear flasher" and "horror horn" gimmicks, created some unease.

The Twilight Zone with the girl stuck in another dimension behind a hole in the wall was freaky to this 7-year old.

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

There was one scene in the McCloud TV show episode where a painting came to life and walked right out of the frame. Scared me so good I had nightmares about it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, seeing the Body Snatchers remake on TV frightened me, especially that final scene.

And yes, In Search Of was a household favorite but often made me anxious. I recall being very worried about killer bees after watching an episode.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

There was an episode of Davy and Goliath where Davy shoved a kid's head in wet cement.

As a kid seeing that really bothered me for some reason.

Comment

• Treadwell
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Dec 31, 2018

Yeah, In Search Of was generally creepy, mainly because of the music (in my hazy memory it was a lot like the POTA animated show?). But also because their source footage was 16mm dupes of various quality and generations (I sincerely doubt they went out and shot much, if anything, themselves), and distributed the show on 16mm as well, so it was dark and murky and grainy, with low fidelity audio, all of which just added to the ambiance.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I knew Leonard Nimoy from In Search Of...before I knew him from Star Trek! Kind of odd that my Dad watched this creepy show in front of me, especially when he knew I was a weenie. It creeped me out, but I was fascinated by it, nonetheless.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Allie Fox
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 1, 2009

Land of the Lost.
                        I was seven years old when this originally aired on Saturday mornings and the dinosaurs and especially the Sleestacks scared me to the point of chills. I loved the show otherwise but I was always scared that Marshall, Will, and Holly were going to get caught.
                        If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

Yeah speaking of land of the lost I did freak out whenever the Sleestaks would appear, I'd run out of the room and ask my sister to call me back when they were gone. And going back to the movie Magic, I would hide in the bathroom whenever that came on. And just remembered from the little rascals, Spanky has a nightmare in it he and the gang are looking for gold I think then some literal giant of a man captures them one by one and hangs them on hooks for dinner as I thought.
                          Last edited by powersthatbe; Aug 8, '19, 8:48 PM.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                            And just remembered from the little rascals, Spanky has a nightmare in it he and the gang are looking for gold I think then some literal giant of a man captures them one by one and hangs them on hooks for dinner as I thought.
                            Oh wow... I think I remember that...

Comment

• Wee67
                              Museum Correspondent
                              • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                              And just remembered from the little rascals, Spanky has a nightmare in it he and the gang are looking for gold I think then some literal giant of a man captures them one by one and hangs them on hooks for dinner as I thought.
                              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                                Wake Up Heavy
                                • Jan 31, 2010

Oh God, that giant!
                                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢