Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

If your recording tonight's Crisis On Infinite Earths be sure to record Black Lightning since it ties-in to the movie much like the comic book add-ons. You do not have to watch/read all the tie-ins but to get the full story it doesn't hurt:
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Tyler/Superman got punked by his cousin again though. Geez. Chris
      that bugged me too. I mean come on already. he is the weakest, most lame Superman I have ever seen depicted in live action.

I don't watch Supergirl anymore either, did they write out Jimmy Olsen? and Toyman's kid? Surprised they haven't written out J'ohnn too, make the show totally a woman's empowerment statement. they can have Kara's sister beat up Superman too

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

SPOILERS FOR PART TWO

... and now they punk us by having Kevin Conroy be a "fallen" Batman, so it can make Batwoman look good. Sigh.

Look, I agree with most of the politics these shows bludgeon their viewers with. I'm all for female empowerment. But Supergirl and Batwoman are derivative characters. I don't want them constantly making the originators of their brand look like lame ducks, no matter their gender. I wouldn't want a male sidekick of Wonder Woman showing her up either!

But Conroy was great as the "evil" Bruce, even if I didn't like them going there. And Routh KILLED it as Superman. I don't hate Tyler like some here, as he can't help what he's given, but I would chuck all the CW shows for a series with Routh back as Superman.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
          8 Inch Action Figure
          • Nov 15, 2005

SPOILERS FOR PART TWO

... and now they punk us by having Kevin Conroy be a "fallen" Batman, so it can make Batwoman look good. Sigh.

Look, I agree with most of the politics these shows bludgeon their viewers with. I'm all for female empowerment. But Supergirl and Batwoman are derivative characters. I don't want them constantly making the originators of their brand look like lame ducks, no matter their gender. I wouldn't want a male sidekick of Wonder Woman showing her up either!

But Conroy was great as the "evil" Bruce, even if I didn't like them going there. And Routh KILLED it as Superman. I don't hate Tyler like some here, as he can't help what he's given, but I would chuck all the CW shows for a series with Routh back as Superman.

Chris
          I figured out the twist/reveal after he'd been talking a while, which made the inevitable next twist/reveal that I'm 100% sure is coming obvious.

I get from a storytelling standpoint, you don't want guest characters showing up and then upstaging your series characters . . . which is what leads to things like Tyler Superman being constantly punked or this take on Bruce. The problem is, it breaks the hearts of the viewers who show up to see these guest heroes by making them inferior to the series characters who they're building up by knocking down the guests.

I'm to the point where I think I'm just going to start referring to Tyler Superman as "Supergirl's cousin" -- it both describes his role and preserves the name "Superman."
          Last edited by knight errant00; Dec 10, '19, 8:18 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

maybe once Tyler gets his own show they won't have him be such a wimp. on the other hand Lois will probably beat him up too. I gave up on Supergirl season before last and am already done with Batwoman. other than for these crossovers. I gave up on legends a couple season ago too

Comment

• Mego Magyar
              Permanent Member
              • Jan 17, 2011

Wish we could have just had a scene of Lynda Carter sitting somewhere, sees the red sky, stands up saying Great Hera and starts to spin as her world is destroyed.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Tyler/Superman got punked by his cousin again though. Geez.
                Thanks for letting me know...now I’m one trillion percent sure I’m NEVER EVER going to watch this...

Tyler Hoechlin is the WORST Superman of all times...it’s not even close. You know my history of hating Tom Welling for years...but now I have to seriously apologize to him...because Hoechlin makes Welling look like the best Superman ever.

And I’m not just talking him getting punked by Supergirl once again. Dude is so puny looking. He’s short, skinny, and his face is all wrong...he has weird offset eyes...and I just can’t stand him. I hate him for constantly being the abused and battered court jester.

Rant over...

***I did catch Brandon Routh fighting Tyler Hoechlin. I’m glad Routh easily bested him. But check them out as Superman...Routh looked HUGE compared to puny Hoechlin***
                Last edited by Hector; Dec 11, '19, 4:50 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
                  8 Inch Action Figure
                  • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                  ***I did catch Brandon Routh fighting Tyler Hoechlin. I’m glad Routh was bested him. But check them out as Superman...Routh look HUGE compared to puny Hoechlin***
                  I read an interview with Amell where he said the first time Routh walked on set as Superman, a hush fell over the place and there were audible gasps because it just felt like Superman was actually there, with Routh looking like some larger-than-life Greek god and always standing with his hands on his hips, staying in character.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

He's exuding a very Earth-Two Superman vibe, which of course is perfect for Crisis. The seasoned hero who has seen a lot but doesn't doubt himself or what's right in the least. I love it.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Falstaff13
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 28, 2008

As a crossover fan, I'm loving this. The Arrowverse already had Arrow, The Flash (2014), Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Constantine, Batwoman, and Black Lightning, plus the CW Seed shows Vixen and Freedom Fighters: The Ray and the CBS Flash (1990). Since then, we've seen worlds that contain the Tim Burton Batman (1989) Titans, Batman (1966), Smallville, Birds of Prey, and Lucifer. I've heard they'll offer a view of Stargirl in it, and we've had older versions of Superman (with Brandon Routh reprising the role from Superman Returns and Kevin Conroy as an older Batman, playing the role in live action after many years as the voice, starting with Batman: The Animated Series). I'm holding out hope for a few more cameos in the last two chapters.

Most of these shows then are relatively self-contained, but the 1966 Batman opens up several other links, silly though they might be. Besides the Green Hornet two-parter, Burgess Meredith played the Penguin on The Monkees (which had a sequel in the 1980s, a film, and connects to Monster Squad), plus there are all the Bat-climb cameos. For me, this is great, great fun, particularly since the Crisis was one of the first comics I actually collected.
                      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by knight errant00
                        I read an interview with Amell where he said the first time Routh walked on set as Superman, a hush fell over the place and there were audible gasps because it just felt like Superman was actually there, with Routh looking like some larger-than-life Greek god and always standing with his hands on his hips, staying in character.
                        Routh looked imposing and powerful indeed. They should get rid of that puny impostor and have Routh be the permanent Superman.
                        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                          Routh looked imposing and powerful indeed. They should get rid of that puny impostor and have Routh be the permanent Superman.
                          He's leaving Legends this season, so not sure what he has planned.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

he'll probably go back to doing Hallmark Christmas movies, LOL

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                              he'll probably go back to doing Hallmark Christmas movies, LOL
                              yeah I am kind of surprised he's leaving a sure thing gig.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• knight errant00
                                8 Inch Action Figure
                                • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                yeah I am kind of surprised he's leaving a sure thing gig.
                                I tell ya, those Hallmark Christmas movies are the closest thing to a sure thing there is on TV -- they released 40 (not a typo) new ones for Christmas this year. If Routh can work one of those every year and beat the weekly CW series gig, I can't blame him!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎