Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Okay, so my review should be an interesting experiment...

I have NEVER watched a single CW show prior to Crisis. Not one. I just had to see this because of all the cameos and tie ins.

So, please don't be angry with my ignorance... and I do mean that in the literal sense of the word. I don't know these characters. This is like watching Endgame first.

Here's my random thoughts:

It has a very '90s tone to it... the music, the acting. It feels like a throwback to 20 years ago.

I LOVE that they call them Super Heroes in the script. I like that they are unafraid to use the word Crossover too. There's an honesty that is refreshing.

The costumes are mostly terrific. Very colorful and fun!

I like Supergirl and Batwoman the best, based on their performances in this. I know Flash is very popular, but these were not the episodes to win me over.

The CW Superman... is a mistake. Almost unfathomable.

I agree with Earth2Chris... Brandon Routh is a TREASURE. It breaks my heart that we've gone 15 years after Superman Returns, and we could've had him in a series of Superman adventures all this time. He is a missed opportunity. The guy just lights up the screen with heart and he's a joy to watch. I almost want to re-watch Superman Returns again. What a shame. Please, somebody make him a full time Superman. The only actor worthy of wearing the cape post Reeve.

For an outsider, the supporting characters were very confusing. Seemed to be more than one Maria Hill type character supporting them. That's on me for not watching.

Was Brainy Brainiac? He was in it, and then he wasn't. Quirky, but not really likable.

I wasn't sad about Oliver Queen. He seemed kinda glum, and not fun to watch.

The Anti-Monitor's flying Death Eater characters... seemed to disintegrate quite easily. But props for trying.

Unpopular Opinion: Although TV Flash has a better costume, Justice League Movie Flash is more entertaining and fun to watch.

The last scene delivers what I have ALWAYS wanted from live action DC. I wonder how far they will take that. Loved the musical cue.

So... the event television that got me to tune in was fine, but for me unremarkable. I guess I would've rather they'd used the story opportunity to REALLY clean house and reboot the movies and television cast under one house. Now that would've really been something. Not sure if there are legal reasons or whatever, but that is what I think we'd all want.

I don't have any desire to go back and watch any of the preceding programs.

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

A reference to "the Scarecrow incident" in the most recent Batwoman is prompting speculation that Batman Begins, and thus the Nolan Trilogy, are in the past for that character. If they keep these Easter eggs going, we can account for all live action versions at least.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎