X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

My latest obsession: The Emperor's Blade

I'm a huge Dune fan. Loved the novel, the Lynch movie and, just like Werewolf, the LJN toys . When my Wife and I were in Seattle, we visited the Museum of Pop Culture, where I saw this:

The Emperor's Blade that was lent to Feyd-Rautha so that he may fight Paul Atreides in a duel to the death.

This is a description of the blade used in the movie:

"The knife is made entirely of brass and copper, with what appears to be a stainless steel inlay in the center of the blade. Measures 12 in. long."

I'm pretty sure I left a nose print on the exhibit glass that day. I knew I had to have that blade. After some searching, I came across this kit put out by Panik! Props:

They're pretty rare, but I managed to score one from a Seller in Germany. Same size as the original prop, but I feel the blade should be thinner at the base. The kit is made from ABS Plastic and comes with Aluminum tape for the blade section.
    I found a couple of local places that can cut down ABS plastic with a laser to the desired shape. I'll most likely go with spray paint over Aluminum tape once the blade is cut to size.

I'll post pics when completed.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by J.B.
    and, just like Werewolf, the LJN toys .
    Ha, yeah, I still don't get what they were thinking marketing that movie to little kids.

Congrats on getting the prop kit.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

"If Feyd wishes, he can meet you with my blade in his hand."

"I wish it!"
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• J.B.
        Guild Navigator
        • Jun 23, 2010

From Kaitain to Germany to Pasadena; the Emperor's Blade has arrived.

Now, this Blade was personally handed to bad boy Feyd, with the utmost confidence, by The Emperor of the Known Universe. Let's see how that worked out for him.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎