X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Astrosniks

I'm surprised these have never made a comeback.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Never heard of them, but I'm assuming that's an 80's thing when my teenage years made me too cool for toys They feel like alien Smurfs.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Wee67
      Never heard of them, but I'm assuming that's an 80's thing when my teenage years made me too cool for toys They feel like alien Smurfs.
      They were first released in Germany in the mid 70s but didn't become popular in the States until the early 80s and, yes, they are pretty much alien Smurfs. I had a bunch of the McDonalds ones when I was a kid.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Les Schtroumpfs dans l’espace!

Thanks for the background info. We’re they very popular Stateside?
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

I have some of them. They’re very cute. I’m glad they’ve never made a comeback. It makes them very cheap for me.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Wee67
            Les Schtroumpfs dans l’espace!

Thanks for the background info. We’re they very popular Stateside?
            Moderately popular. Never reached remotely close to Smurf level of success. Probably on par with the Snorks.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Smurfs in Space !!!

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

In Canada they got really good distribution through Irwin (AKA Kenner Canada) but I don't think they sold all that well. I liked the ships and playsets but I was 12.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎