Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

They never said they weren’t making them. They just aren’t in a big rush.

However, they did say they weren’t planning on making the generic Klingon.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I'm sort of ok with the randomness of it all. I like the way it jumps around. I only bought one trek in the last two waves, Roman Commander, but I really think it's cool.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

The two-packs were a good idea, but I think an opportunity was missed. The boxes, when faced together, formed a square. If mirror set 1 was the front/viewscreen, and mirror 2 the comm/science station, the tops and fronts could have "flipped" open and formed a quasi-bridge playset.Then the old chairs and helm could have been re-purposed to sit in the middle.

For the remaining, I would do a medical scrubs McCoy with Tellerite/Andorian in a sick bay bg and a Scotty with TOS accurate Kang Klingon and engine room bg. So kinda/sorta Journey To Babel and Day of The Dove.

Edit: Enyawd is right. There has to be an emphasis on playability. The more aliens, monsters, adventures, the more eyeballs. A Talosian/Vina two-pack would be fantastic. I could see a McCoy/Horta diorama selling really, really well. That's another beloved episode on the scale of Arena.
        Last edited by hedrap; Aug 4, '19, 3:48 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost

Fair enough, I'm not in a hurry.

If I could do Kang or Kor, I wouldn't do generic, either.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by monitor_ep
            I am at a lost as to figure out just how many more waves of Star Trek are they going to release until we get the core group? There are still part of the core group that has yet to come out:

Dr. McCoy
            Montgomery Scott
            Nurse Chapel

And for variants:
            Captain Kirk (in yellow outfit)
            Lt. Uhura (in yellow outfit)

It is odd we haven't seen regular old yellow shirt kirk yet.
            I am rewatching the complete original series in order for teh first time in decades, I had forgotten how often Kirk wore the green shirt.

But with vintage Treks reasonably priced (especially Kirk) it isn't urgent.

I did not remember the Yellow shirt for Uhura until I saw it last month.

Why was Uhura wearing a yellow shirt?
            The shirt colors seem to signify MOS. I could see if she were performing a different function, but she was still at comms. Was this a show error? Clearly the actress knew she should be wearing red. Was it a wardrobe issue that day? Did she worry about becoming a Red Shirt statistic?

PS Chapel would be a great addition.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^Chapel/Ruk or Chapel/Dr. Korby would be awesome.

Great Chapel episode and one of my favorite episodes. Obviously Ruk would have greater shelf-appeal.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 4, '19, 6:22 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Brue
                I did not remember the Yellow shirt for Uhura until I saw it last month.

Why was Uhura wearing a yellow shirt?
                The shirt colors seem to signify MOS. I could see if she were performing a different function, but she was still at comms. Was this a show error? Clearly the actress knew she should be wearing red. Was it a wardrobe issue that day? Did she worry about becoming a Red Shirt statistic?

PS Chapel would be a great addition.
                her red dress must have been in the laundry that day

Comment

• Steeler80
                  Mayor of Strunk
                  • Jun 29, 2001

Originally posted by hedrap
                  Edit: Enyawd is right. There has to be an emphasis on playability. The more aliens, monsters, adventures, the more eyeballs. A Talosian/Vina two-pack would be fantastic. I could see a McCoy/Horta diorama selling really, really well. That's another beloved episode on the scale of Arena.
                  I agree that I think both of these would sell well. Maybe Scotty and the actor from "Wolf in the Fold"? (That's a bad joke by the way.)

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I would love to see a Mego Horta!!!

For Scotty, I'd suggest pairing him with Apollo. And a green cardboard hand lol.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

Klingons

This to makes no sense. We have two generic Romulans for sale so no generic Klingons? Unless they plan on doing several Klingons.
                      Star Trek Klingons.jpg
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Makes sense they are in no hurry to do generic Klingons. Considering how easy it is to find original and EMCE versions.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Nov 5, 2018

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                          This to makes no sense. We have two generic Romulans for sale so no generic Klingons? Unless they plan on doing several Klingons.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]26177[/ATTACH]
                          They should just do a Klingon three pack, Kor, Kang, Koloth. No modern day kid knows who they are and we dusty dudes have the money to buy all three in one shot

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

These are all very good and interesting ideas, we would need McCoy-Scotty and Chapel to round out the crew, then aliens/villains from there on.

I would like to see Klingon Kor, he was the most sinister of the bunch from one of my favorite episodes, Errand of Mercy.

Someone has already mentioned a Tellerite, and possibly an Andorian too and Harry Mudd.

When it comes to the Star Trek line, there's so many aliens and villians that can be suggested and makes this whole thing great.
                            Last edited by TrekStar; Aug 5, '19, 8:56 PM.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

But the price doesn’t change the percentages of characters sold. No matter the price, you’re still going to sell way more of the more popular Spock than Scotty. You sell more Batman than Green Lantern. You sell more Ace Frehley than Peter Criss.

I still consistently see Chekov and Sulu hanging in Target. I almost never see Kirk and Spock.
                              But that thinking, if taken too far, can lead to "Mattel Crisis on Infinite Batmen" syndrome. THere's a difference between "Batman sells more" and "Only Batman sells," a difference some companies have failed to see in time to save a crashing action figure line. Mattel sank their first Batman 6" line under a ton of technicolor Batmans within about a year. Think about that for a moment: Mattel managed to kill a Batman line that quickly (and did much the same wit their Brave & Bold line after a promising start). Batman. A shadowy license to print money. We've seen the same with the 2000X He-Man line, we saw a lot of that with the Marvel license and Wolverines piling up on pegs. Anchoring a wave with a popular character is fine, but there's only so many versions of that character people are going to buy, especially in a collector's line. There's no magic formula or ratio, but there does need to be balance. Maybe something like Romulan Kirk or Kirk in pilot uniform as an anchor, maybe a specific Kilingon, and then Bones or Scotty. Maybe even take a cue from Marvel Legends and the Spock SDCC pack to help move an entire wave. Three figures in a wave, give each part of a costume and maybe a new head. Want Harry Mudd or Cyrano Jones? Shirt with figure 1, pants with figure 2, head with figure 3. Then you likely help clear out any previous wave peg warmers because folks need to buy a body to put the stuff on. A little bit of a new take on the concept as you have to buy a body, but a large part of this particular market already does that sort of thing anyway. Just make sure an appropriate body is available within the general time span, if not in the actual wave (if Pike was the BAF, any standard Trek crewman would work). Or simply do an alternate costume for an existing character. Amok Time Kirk? Sash in one package, shirt with rip across chest in another, Vulcan weapon in a third. Lots of ways to do it with this format.

Comment

• VulcansFury
                                Museum Patron
                                • Mar 6, 2014

But the price doesn’t change the percentages of characters sold. No matter the price, you’re still going to sell way more of the more popular Spock than Scotty. You sell more Batman than Green Lantern. You sell more Ace Frehley than Peter Criss.

I still consistently see Chekov and Sulu hanging in Target. I almost never see Kirk and Spock.
                                Okay, i get it you meant relative to Kirk & Spock. I thought you meant they wouldnt sell well at all, I misunderstood. As long as they are coming eventually I'm happy, but its hard to get excited for too many variants wave after wave. I know Picard and Data are in the works, I hope we get the full TNG crew eventually instead of continuous rehashes of those 2 as well.

I thought the case pack of 2 Kirk 2 Spock 1 Uhura and 1 new Romulan was pretty well done. Its smart to keep the heavy hitters higher packed and 1x of the lesser sellers. I hope Scotty gets a 2x case pack, and would be okay with MCoy being a 1x

With enough Kirk & Spocks now currently available, I hope we can get away from having both togethet in every wave, maybe alternate them between waves like Target did.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎