X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on Ebay this Week

Max Headroom Puppet- UK toymaker Bendy Toys is a point of fascination for me because a) They made weird, UK Only toys and b) most of their stuff is deteriorating pretty badly now. I never knew they made a Max Headroom puppet before today and I kind of want it.

GERRY ANDERSON STARCRUISER INTERCEPTOR AIRFIX MODEL KIT I knew of the Gerry Anderson Starcruiser 1 model but I never knew there was a follow up from 1980. These kits all looked like they were from an episode of Space:1999 I haven't seen but of course, that's not possible. Although there are one or two I wish I hadn't seen.

Fisher Price TV Action News Team- I had sort of mixed feelings as a kid about this set (I used it to play "Mary Tyler Moore" because the one guy is clearly Lou Grant and my imagination did the heavy lifting) but so many people have come to it's defense over the years I thought I'd point out this complete set.

Pet Ghost Store Display by FunStuf- I've never heard of Pet Ghost before but it's obviously FunStuf's attempt to cash in on the "Pet Rock" thing and I love that.

Planet of the Apes Banner from the TV Series- Original Apes props are so tantalizing and this one is pretty cool (if not pricey but what the heck this is fantasy window shopping) as it was used the TV series that i totally adore. Someday.....

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

I definitely remember the Fingertronic puppet line. They sold them at Spencer's in the US. I'm pretty aure they did The Noid, Mac Tonight, and Max Headroom, and probably others. They were made of foam so I'm not surprised they're deteriorating.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

That middle-aged man in the Adventure People set would make a great Perry White! Just don't call him Chief!!!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

Love the POTA prop banner!

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          That middle-aged man in the Adventure People set would make a great Perry White! Just don't call him Chief!!!

Chris
          Okay, Sugar... chief...

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

[QUOTE=Earth 2 Chris;1419651]That middle-aged man in the Adventure People set would make a great Perry White! Just don't call him Chief!!!

Is that LT. Uhura standing next to him? before joining star fleet a academy?
            Last edited by TrekStar; Aug 2, '19, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

that max headroom is just creepy as hell

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

To be fair, Max Headroom is creepy as hell.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎