Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juventino Rosas’ Sobre las Olas (Over the Waves)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Juventino Rosas’ Sobre las Olas (Over the Waves)

Juventino Rosas‘ Sobre las Olas (Over the Waves). A worldwide famous classical waltz that most people don’t realize it’s a Mexican composition.

Enjoy!

sigpic
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

They played that a LOT in circuses all over the world.
    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I had no idea. Delightful.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Origins of the Banda sound.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by SeattleEd
          Origins of the Banda sound.
          Oh no...don’t you dare insult that waltz like that, lol.

Banda is garbage...especially that narco krap...

sigpic

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Agreed. Narco Corridos are the worse. My last job entailed watching music videos we receive from the labels and I had to do the rating for all the Mexican country music artists. A lot was terrible like the Banda stuff but the Mariachi stuff was awesome.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Rancheras, boleros, corridos, norteńas, son jarocho, regionales...all that is good. The regular banda is okay, a tad annoying. But narco banda is pure bottom of the pile cow dung, no doubt.
              sigpic

Comment

• SeattleEd
                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                • Oct 24, 2007

To each their own. Not an ardent fan of Mexican country music. With exception of Mariachi and bolero music like Los Panchos. I'm more into Mexican Rock N Roll and alternative like Los Locos Del Ritmo, Los Teen Tops, Kinky, Molotov, Mexican Institute Of Sound, Plastalina Mosh, Caifanes, Hello Seahorse!(Most recent). In my last job I worked with a record label in L.A. called Nacional Records that opened doors for great alternative music from Mexico and other Latin based countries.

On a side note my family has been loving the HBO show Los Espookys and the music on the show.

Originally posted by Hector
                Rancheras, boleros, corridos, norteńas, son jarocho, regionales...all that is good. The regular banda is okay, a tad annoying. But narco banda is pure bottom of the pile cow dung, no doubt.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Pedro Infante, Javier Solis, Jorge Negrete, Jose Alfredo Jimenez, Agustin Lara, Lola Beltran. Everything else is a second distant place.

Not into Mexican rock. Why? Led Zeppelin. Queen. Rush. Van Halen. Black Sabbath. The Beatles. The Stones. The Who. Hendrix. Clapton. Boston. AC/DC. KISS, Pink Floyd, etc. Well, you get the picture...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎