• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

I hate Roadrunner cartoons

Why?

Because a roadrunner's top speed is 26 mph, while coyotes can reach speeds up to 43 mph...My whole childhood was a big lie...

The entire series should’ve started and ended with just one episode...

sigpic
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I hate them because they're boring

Even as a kid I thought they were boring

Always thought Pepe LePew and Speedy Gonzales was boring too

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Blasphemy. Science be damned!

It makes no sense for Sylvester to constantly chase after Tweety Bird who is 90% skull either, but hey, they're cartoons.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Roadrunner was unique, and not a normal creature. His legs did a 360 rotation, so he could run faster than anything else. Genetic mutations happen all the time. Mr. Coyote also walks on two legs instead of four. Therefore, he can't run as fast as a regular coyote, or as fast as a regular roadrunner. I say it's your adulthood that's the lie...

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            Roadrunner was unique, and not a normal creature. His legs did a 360 rotation, so he could run faster than anything else. Genetic mutations happen all the time. Mr. Coyote also walks on two legs instead of four. Therefore, he can't run as fast as a regular coyote, or as fast as a regular roadrunner. I say it's your adulthood that's the lie...
            gonna have to side with Lonnie on this one

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

"I say it's your adulthood that's the lie" is one of the best things I've read here in twelve years.

And Pepe LePew rules!
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

Allright, that was awesome.
                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

That’s a keeper!

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

The Coyote was an idiot too. Ordering canons and rockets from Acme... Why didn't he just order a F$@ing pizza?

sigpic

Comment

• The Nawd
                      Nawd your head for yes.
                      • Feb 15, 2011

Yep. Lonnie nailed it.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Didn't Wile chase Bugs Bunny when RR was on vacation? I know for a fact a Coyote can catch a rabbit, I've seen it with
                        my own eyes, we have Coyotes in my neighborhood and there not riding on acme rockets either.

Comment

• Neutron X
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 22, 2007

Coyote used to drive me nuts as a kid. He was so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!! Then something happened in my tens and I started loving it! A lot going on in these cartoons. You might have missed it on Tiny Toons but Wile E Coyote sued A.C.M.E. products in a Civil Law case! He didn't win but I loved it!

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Wile E. Coyote wearing the ACME Bat-Man suit is one of my favorite Looney Tunes ever.

Comment

• Brazoo
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 14, 2009

Well, it's weird to think, but I might actually appreciate those a bit more now. I think there's a fantastic absurdity to them that I didn't appreciate as a kid because of how the fools bundled them in endless blocks for TV in the late 70s and 80s. Visually, they're fantastic. I mean, the design of the characters, the landscapes, the gadgets and ACME blueprints — it's all pretty brilliant. The repetition is what made that my enemy as a kid. I'd watch endless loops of this stuff hoping to catch just one of the weird older funnier ones. If you're lucky enough to catch something like "The Great Piggy Bank Robbery" one time you can never go back to thinking the stuff from the mid-40s and up is the good stuff.
                              Last edited by Brazoo; Aug 10, '19, 9:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎