Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watching Return to the Planet of the Apes

Images

Watching Return to the Planet of the Apes

And there's a scene with what I assume is an ape farmer, complete with straw hat and stick of dried wheat in his mouth, driving a truck filled with hay. He's listening to the radio and I found the song funny- "I'm Going Humanoid Over You." Corny, but creative.

I am enjoying this series, but it is hard to get past the really low production value and sometimes emotionless dialogue.

This clip is only stills, but has the audio-
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Blog Entries
    That's a true high point of this series. This was truly my gateway into Apes and i never missed it and vividly remember watching it.

It was hard to rewatch as an adult (except for the parts I rememebered as a kid) but i has a lot going for it in terms of continuity and voice action.

However it is awfully slow. The best experience i had was watching it with my son when he was four, he loved it too.

Images
    Tune sounds a little like the Just Because polka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InfgNr_2fko

m
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Blog Entries
    I couldn't warm to this series--I kept thinking, "What would Filmation have done with POTA?"
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I couldn't warm to this series--I kept thinking, "What would Filmation have done with POTA?"
    This.

Images
    i like the series and pop it in every few years to rewatch. I mean come on, Fred Flinstone is Urko

Images
    Blog Entries
    OMG Dwayne lol.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    I love the cartoon as long as I donít have to sit thru it. Lol

True, the pacing is awfully strange, but the visuals across the series are awesome. Such an odd and cool part of Apemania.

Blog Entries
    I actually really love it's design, I think the only piece of memoribilia from it though is the colourforms set.