X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Vintage Wonder Woman's The Mask

I was doing a little research online for a fairly simple custom, golden-age WW villainess The Mask. (I had seen her doppelganger in an early JLA issue.)

Interesting story but, wow, those early Wonder Woman stories are kinky.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

That they were. Lots of bondage.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I know a bit about Marston and am not unaware of his ideas or of some of the comics' imagery, but this surprised me.

Some of the '40s elements of WW are so whimsical, and some so adult.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Marston got away with a lot because All-American/DC liked having a man with his pedigree on the payroll. Kind of like the Brad Meltzer of his day.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

My first Wonder Woman comic was a golden age reprint, it had her tied up with a bondage mask put on her face, this was another woman doing this to her. I was very young but i remember it being intriguing to me as a child and not knowing why.

As an adult, I personally find bondage off-putting but I do wonder how many fetishes were born through the pages of Wonder Woman.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Oddly enough, George Perez is openly into bondage fetish stuff, but he never really put that into his version of Wonder Woman!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

There is a lot of stuff that just went over our heads back then. Been collecting Archie's for the better part of the last year and there are a whole bunch of innuendo's that go back to when Archie started back in the late 40's. Most of the 60-s through the 80's stuff has a lot of stuff that just went completely over kids heads. Covers and interior art/stories.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Reading about The Mask, she seems to me a character that could be revived today in an engaging, modern storyline.

One thing I liked about TV's season one WW, she often battled female foes and had a chance to express Amazonian philosophy.
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 3, '19, 2:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎