Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I really liked the series. looking forward to S2 to see where they go with it

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      no he's a comicbook pro explaining how the heck Superman could lift a building without it crumbling under its own weight. Not to mention the fact that he did go on to relaunch your hero (I thought you switched to Aliens lol)
      Again, you are using Gladiator’s power as basis for your argument. Superman is not Gladiator. Now you are making your own rules as you go.

BTW, I’ve been a huge Alien fan since my late father and I watched it together way back in 1979 at The Coronet Theater in San Francisco. So you can “lol” all you want. I have always been a Superman fan too, but my dad didn’t follow him or anything...so Superman is my lone own thing. Alien is my dad and my thing...we had that mutual connection. BTW, even though he loved Alien, he loved Blade Runner even more, it was his all time favorite movie. But kinda boring to collect just Replicants, lol.

Byrne makes shiat up. I’m going by physics and engineering, even in a Superman fantastical scenario.
      sigpic

Comment

• batdan
        • Feb 12, 2017

Difference between Superman and Homelander (and the heroes in this Universe) is that, yes he has powers but has never explored how to use them effectively nor does he particularly care. These"heroes" cause more collateral damage than they prevent and damn the body count. The fuselage of a plane is stronger than it looks and the nose/cockpits are reinforced so Superman made the right decision where to place himself and he bled off the kinetic energy as he brought the plane down. It's fantasy, so real world physics don't apply in either realm.

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

I just binged this show and it was fantastic. I started reading the books a couple of weeks ago, so I know that this varies quite a bit but retains the general premise and vibe. Homelander is absolutely perfect in this as he floats between heroic and completely villainous. The season finale went somewhere I never expected, and that's why I was so impressed. There was so much character development in only 8 episodes watching most of these people descend into darkness or rise to the occasion. I absolutely love this show and I hope they are actually developing season 2 and not leaving where they did.
          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

From my understanding, Season Two of "THE BOYS" has already been greenlit and may well be in pre-production. I predict we'll see Season Two in 2021 or 2022.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎