• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Amazon Prime’s The Boys

Holy shlat...this series rules!!!

In a world in which super-powered "heroes" have become commonplace, they are syndicated, monetized, and marketed by a company called Vought International. Unfortunately, money and privilege corrupt, and many of the "supes" give in to their darker impulses. A clandestine group of normal-human vigilantes then arises to counter the corrupt "supes".

Not for kids. It’s a mature audiences superhero dark comedy.

Just think of it as the complete opposite of The Avengers and Justice League, lol.

Check it out for yourselves...

Last edited by Hector; Jul 31, '19, 8:27 PM.
    sigpic
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I'll watch it tonight...

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

I recently finished it and enjoyed it much more than the comics it is based on. Can't wait for season 2!
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I’m on episode 7...two more to go.

What a ride...it’s dark, shocking, disturbing, witty, funny...and just plain ‘ol fun...I love it...

sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 3, 2009

homelander guy reminded me of bradley cooper ,

enjoyed it overall but man ,butchers/ urban's accent ,wow what the hell was that supposed to be , aussie or cockney kept expecting him to burst into Chim Chim Cher-ee dreadful

geez he deserves the **** van dyke award for the worst cocker knee accent on film award shocking

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

I love the realism they show implements at times.

The following might be a tad spoilery...but not too much...

Like when Homelander tells Queen Maeve that he can’t save the plane because it’s hallow, he’d punch right through it...and there’s nothing to hang on to. This is brilliantly telling the audience that despite his strength and powers...the plane structural integrity is too fragile to simply just glide it down. In Superman Returns, Superman does struggle landing the plane...but if somehow Superman existed...his dilemma and problem would mirror Homelander‘s predicament more accurately than in his own movie.

I thought that was brilliantly written.
            sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

I've gotten through two episodes so far and I'm loving it. Does it present superheroes as we would LIKE to see them (ala The Avengers or Superman: The Movie) or does it give us a look at what "real" supes would likely eventually turn into, given that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. It's definitely NOT for youngsters at all, even from the get-go, so be sure to keep an eye on who's watching with you. Just in the first two episodes, it has been very dark and completely unrepentant in showing what would happen in a world filled with capes.
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

watched the first two episodes last night. love it!

Comment

• clemso
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 8, 2001

This series is a game changer. Totally rocks. It reminds me a bit of Kevin O'Neil's Martial Law.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Not sure it's for me but it's well done. I really did enjoy the "We're not even trying anymore" use of Toronto landmarks. I don't know how we survive with the Titans, Suicide Squad, Shazam and the Seven flying around all day.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                      I love the realism they show implements at times.

The following might be a tad spoilery...but not too much...

Like when Homelander tells Queen Maeve that he can’t save the plane because it’s hallow, he’d punch right through it...and there’s nothing to hang on to. This is brilliantly telling the audience that despite his strength and powers...the plane structural integrity is too fragile to simply just glide it down. In Superman Returns, Superman does struggle landing the plane...but if somehow Superman existed...his dilemma and problem would mirror Homelander‘s predicament more accurately than in his own movie.

I thought that was brilliantly written.
                      Pick up Fantastic Four 250 John Byrne explains just how Superman could do stuff like that. It ain't all physical strength.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Superman is not the Gladiator. Supes Powers are not psionic in nature. He doesn’t have telekinesis. He doesn’t even levitate, as levitation in the paranormal context is the rising of a human body and other objects into the air by mystical means or meditation.

That is NOT Superman.

Nice try...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

...and John Byrne is neither a physicist nor an aeronautical engineer...

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                            ...and John Byrne is neither a physicist nor an aeronautical engineer...

no he's a comicbook pro explaining how the heck Superman could lift a building without it crumbling under its own weight. Not to mention the fact that he did go on to relaunch your hero (I thought you switched to Aliens lol)
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                              valar morghulis
                              • Mar 8, 2005

I'm a couple eps in and liking it quite a bit. Was interested to see that the show was created and written by Eric Kripke, who also created Supernatural..

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎