X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Music With Your Megos: Suggestions Needed For a Couple of Characters

For anybody that has an ear for instrumental music and/or knows Super Hero scores, I am someday wanting to make a video with each of the DC and Marvel Megos and I would like to film and display each Mego (or FTC remake) figure and have theme music in the background for each character. I have selected or know the right theme music for the following:

DC HEROES & VILLAINS

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam,

Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler

MARVEL HEROES & VILLAINS:

Captain America, Spider Man, The Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Fantastic Four

Green Goblin, Lizard

These are the ones I need the suggestions for:

Robin & Batgirl: Although they were only in the Joel Schumacher films, I do not care for Elliot Goldenthal's musical scores (except for the Riddler) and I would want to find the right theme music scores for Batman's allies.

Supergirl: The 1984 movie theme or the TV series theme?

Green Arrow: I've never seen it, but does the Arrow TV series have a theme score?

Mr. Mxyzptlk He's never been on the big screen, but something comical I'm sure.

Teen Titans: This will be the hardest to find theme music for.

Falcon: Is there a theme tune for in any of the Captain America or Avengers movies that would have a good theme score for the Falcon?

This will not be happening soon since I would need to get the Marvel Megos. All I have is Captain Amerrica, and I would need to get the right equipment to make this video, so this is a long term goal. But any music suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers.
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Supergirl's theme by Jerry Goldsmith gets a high recommend from me. Goldsmith originally was going to score Richard Donner's Superman The Movie, since they collaborated on the Omen, but was unavailable, so Williams got the job. Makes you wonder if Supergirl is what Goldsmith would have done for Reeve.

If you are set on using orchestral scores from the modern era of Superhero movies, you're going to have difficulty matching themes with characters, since it just isn't trendy these days. For example, the Falcon has been in several Marvel films, but has no theme or even a short motif of his own.

My advice would be

A) Choose a theme from a film which features that hero, even though the theme may not be specific to that character. For example, for the Falcon I would use "Cap's Promise" from Civil War, at 1:43 in this clip

It's not The Falcon's theme, but it's modern, and it was for a film in which he had prominent action.

B) Go back to the old cartoons and TV series for songs with lyrics. Batgirl has a goofy, but appropriate theme from the Adam West series, with lyrics.

If the display is to please you, then you will have to compromise, because to my knowledge there is no specific theme for Batgirl from Batman & Robin, or from the Animated Series.

If the display is to please people who come to see it, I honestly think they'd respond to the goofy old songs with lyrics. Megos pair well with kitschy music IMO.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I think that's great advice, Andy.

Personally, I've always liked the animated (2000s) TT theme.

Mxy might have one from the Superman animated series? Shirley Walker often used leitmotif.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 29, '19, 9:05 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
        The Man of Many Voices
        • Aug 30, 2005

Good sound advice. Robin is really the one I wanted to find a theme for him that would be appropriate for him. The only possibility from the Batman Forever score would be the track called Batterdammerung, where Batman rescues Robin and Chase Meridian after the Riddler presses the button sending them to their doom. Otherwise, if I do go with music cues from Batman: The Animated Series, I think I've heard a Robin theme in Robin's Reckoning. Batgirl I felt did have a theme in Shadow of the Bat on BTAS. For Mr. Mxyzptlk, I could probably use a comical music cue from Superman III. Anyway, it would be a video that would be pleasing to myself and any friends that would like to see it. But it's all great advice and suggestions.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎