Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Evets Reywd
    • Jun 15, 2018

Footer in my 1979 Mego 3.75" Kirk MOC?

Did some 1979 Mego Star Trek figures come with footers in their bubbles? I'm no expert. The only ones I have seen have had no footers, so I was wondering about this Kirk. Thanks for the help....

• Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

i have never seen a footer in there

Comment

• Steve Evets Reywd
      • Jun 15, 2018

Someone responded to me on Facebook, and said he has 3 in his shop that have footers. He posted a pic, I attached below. Thanks for the response. I looked thru ebay, and couldn't find any with footers. But I guess some have them. Not sure if it was a running change, or what the reason is, some have them, and some don't?

Comment

• Steve Evets Reywd
        • Jun 15, 2018

It's almost like there was a change in the bubble itself. The bubble on my Scotty is not as wide, and has no footer. Kind'a like it wasn't needed. And on my Kirk, the bubble is wider, and has the footer. So maybe it was a running change on the bubble, and they just did away with the footer?.?. Just a thought.

Last edited by Steve Evets Reywd; Jul 27, '19, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Palifan
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 18, 2016

I've never seen these figures with footers also but with the picture of the 3 together it looks like they're legit and must have been just for a short while.

Nice to see something different and I've always been a fan of footers, especially the V style ones as they tend to make the figures stand straight in the bubble.

Thanks for sharing.

Ian

Comment

• mego
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 16, 2012

I've always really liked this series of figures. A childhood friend of mine had Spock and Kirk... I loved how they seamlessly worked with the Star Wars stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Steve Evets Reywd
              • Jun 15, 2018

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah, the footers definitely help the figures stand straight in the bubbles. Where as my Scotty with no footer is at an angle. Just wonder if it was a money saving change. Smaller/less wide bubble, and no footer = money saving. Makes sense I guess. I was just curious if my Kirk was legit, with that footer. And by the response from that dealer, with his pic of his 3 with footers, I guess it is. I kept looking at the seal of the bubble, making sure it was not some sort of reseal, and it looked fine. So I guess I learned something : ) Thanks again for the comments. I appreciate it.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

I know these figures and TMP itself is as popular as crotch rot, so a footer won't effect value. I have Scotty, Kirk, and Ilia and they do have the footer. I've always been a fan the package art, for my money it's hard to top.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎