Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

I'm making my own tacos tonight! This thread has awakened a craving for meat, cheese and tortillas...
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
      My moms family lived in Los Angeles throughout the 1960s and the beginning of the 70s. Back then, one of my moms favorite things to eat at Jack In the Box were their tacos.

- Ian
      Their tacos have a mystery pasty-looking meat (of sorts), but are tasty greasy good and cheap, .99 cents for two tacos, can’t be beat.

Your mom knows what’s up...

sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Great burger tip: Go to Steak n' Shake, and get the 4 for 4 Classic Double meal. Get coleslaw as your 2nd side. Take the coleslaw and put it on the burger. I love slaw on burgers (if both are done well), and why Steak n' Shake isn't selling one this way, I'll never know. My wife did this a few months back and every time I go to Sn'S, I can't help but do it again.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
          Their tacos have a mystery pasty-looking meat (of sorts), but are tasty greasy good and cheap, .99 cents for two tacos, can’t be beat.

Your mom knows what’s up...

And, they may have been considerably better back in the 60s. She prefers proper tacos, but her favorite Jack In The Box food were the tacos. I don’t guess she’s had one since 1970. Nice to know that they’re still good.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
            And, they may have been considerably better back in the 60s. She prefers proper tacos, but her favorite Jack In The Box food were the tacos. I don’t guess she’s had one since 1970. Nice to know that they’re still good.

- Ian
            Well, good...in a very I’m hungry, it’s late night nothing else is opened, I’m broke. have only two bucks sort of way good, lol...

But tolerable in that case of emergency...this is coming from me, who has had Mexico City’s famous tacos al pastor, lol...
            sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Back in the day this was the extent of my Mexican food knowledge

BTW, they were pretty darn good -- a favorite of mine at the time

m

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

Oh, we're back to tacos. Local place opened up last year serving some of the best tacos I've ever had.

The Garlic Shrimp, Ribeye + Lobster and the Mole Pork Belly (which is life changing) are my 3. A little Habanero sauce on top and life is good.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Muy bueno, Mikey!

That was broken down Spanish. The more accurate response: Que bien, Miguel!

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by J.B.
                    Oh, we're back to tacos. Local place opened up last year serving some of the best tacos I've ever had.

The Garlic Shrimp, Ribeye + Lobster and the Mole Pork Belly (which is life changing) are my 3. A little Habanero sauce on top and life is good.

Now we’re are talking!!!

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Mole pork belly? I'm in--I love mole, and any kind of pork is great. Delicious pix, yum.
                      Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 3, '19, 10:40 PM.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Mole is food of the gods. It’s Mexico’s official national dish. Many think it’s the taco, but nope, it’s mole.

I buy the paste and make it at home, usually with chicken. Delicious.
                        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I like to order the shredded chicken flautas and add the mole on top.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            I like to order the shredded chicken flautas and add the mole on top.
                            Hella yeah! You are officially Mexican now...

P.S. I read your private message. But too lazy to respond...
                            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

That's ok, just maybe not too lazy to make it sometime lol?
                              Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 3, '19, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡