Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steelcouch
    Career Member
    • Feb 11, 2006

My favorite taco is from a place called Don Pepe’s. The tortilla is hand made fresh and they put beans in the taco. I was considering trying the BK taco but was a bit skeptical.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Mikey
      I'm not a huge fan of Taco Bell but they are miles above BK's taco

I know i'm gunna get beat down for this but my favorite tacos of all time were the make-your-own taco bar at Bonanza/Ponderosa -- I forget which, I always mix them up.

They had a great fixen's bar and the ground beef was just that

They're the same place. Name is different depending on where you are at.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Burger King can barely do what is in their name, why would you expect them to be able to enter Taco Bell's territory successfully?
        Yeah, BK is the armpit of fast food nowadays. Everyone I've been in in the last several decades is dirty and depressing. I think we hit a BK drive-thru once in the last 10 years or so, and it wasn't very good.

I will say the grossest hamburger I've ever ate at a fast food joint was the "new" Hardees Classic Double. It's basically a Big Mac, with Big Mac sauce, but what kills it is the slimy grilled onions on it. Mixing those in with the Thousand Island sauce is like mixing Listerine with gasoline. It's horrible.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
          Career Member
          • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by Hector
          As the resident beaner...I have nothing against Americanized tacos. I myself occasionally will go to Taco Bell and have a crunchy taco meal (I avoid the burritos, they are gross). I make them at home as well.

Having said that...I’ve had the best tacos ever in Mexico, Texas, and California.:

Dude.

NOT COOL.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
            Dude.

NOT COOL.
            Oh please...I’m Mexican-American...we have been calling each other beaner for decades. Family members, my personal friends, all say that word to each other as a way of kidding. It’s an affectionate slang amongst ourselves...stop...not you or any other stranger is going to start lecturing or scolding me about this. Do you know what ALBURES means? If you don’t, you are not Mexican. You post here once in a blue moon...and instead of staying on topic...you come here tying to judge me on practically what’s referred to as a term of endearment. Now wetback, greaser, illegal, etc...those are bad...but not beaner, especially coming from a Mexican. A non-Mexican saying that to a Mexican, if they are not friends, and if said in anger or are being dismissive (or purposely trying to be offensive), then that is indeed insulting, especially nowadays during these anti-illegal immigration times (darn it, I got political, something I try to avoid here).

BTW are you Mexican? If you are someone other than a Mexican, then you have no merit saying this to me. And if you are Mexican and still take issue with a Mexican saying that word...then the PC Police has gotten a stronghold on you.

None here took issue with that word until you posted. They all know me here, I’ve posted that word before several times in the last...they know what/where I’m coming from.

No mames, buey!
            Last edited by Hector; Jul 30, '19, 12:48 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

^ --- Is that term mostly a West Coast thing ?

I grew up on a farm that had many Mexican summer workers and I've never heard them use that term --

As a matter of fact, I've never even heard local non-Mexican's use that term as a slur or anything.

I'm trying to remember if they used it on Cheech and Chong but I forgot.

Maybe it's a mostly West Coast saying …?

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

^ --- Is that term mostly a West Coast thing ?

I grew up on a farm that had many Mexican summer workers and I've never heard them use that term --

As a matter of fact, I've never even heard local non-Mexican's use that term as a slur or anything.

I'm trying to remember if they used it on Cheech and Chong but I forgot.

Maybe it's a mostly West Coast saying …?
                ’]

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Dang, how could I have forgotten ?

I love that scene !!!

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Here’s a perfect example when it’s an insult. It’s a song from Mexican band Molotov. Americans calling Mexicans beaners...and Mexicans calling Americans gringos...

It is political. But I’m just trying to prove a point. In Cheech and Chong, it’s said in jest, joking around. In the Molotov video, it morphs into a demeaning term.

Brian, feel free to remove.

Again, just trying to make my point...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Dang, how could I have forgotten ?

I love that scene !!!
                      Me too...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

I don’t want a friggin taco anymore. I want a friggin cheeseburger, lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
                          I don’t want a friggin taco anymore. I want a friggin cheeseburger, lol.
                          Right at this very moment my crockpot is cooking 1 head of cabbage, 1 ring of Kielbasa, prefried perogies all topped off with 3 cups of chicken broth

In a few hours I will be in heaven - one way or the other

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I just had a Kielbasa on a sourdough roll yesterday, mmm, that thing was delicious.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I never had Pierogis...had to google it...looks yummy...
                              sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

lol Mikey.

Hec, you're such a foodie, you should try pierogi. They are very popular in northeast Ohio.

I like the potato and cheese ones with pan-fried onions. And yes, kielbasa is a perfect companion.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎