X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Official Burger King Taco Appreciation Thread

Have you ever tried the new Burger King taco's ?

If not, appreciate the fact you haven't.

They have to be the absolute WORST fast food item EVER

I know fast food items are given some leeway as to what they look like in adds and what they look like in real-life but this is ridiculous.

Imagine 1 teaspoon of baby sh_t in a taco shell that's the same consistency of Formica countertop material.

Never thought i'd find a dollar menu item that wasn't even worth a dollar !!!
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Baahahahahahahah! *formica taco* … you're on a roll this morning Mikey!

I don't eat all that much fast food these days, but I'll add that when sampling $1/so-called value menu items… it's experimental territory. I had a Wendy's chicken wrap of some kind, that I'm pretty sure was made with plastic wrap, flour and wood chips.

Comment

• Random Axe
      The Voice of Reason
      • Apr 16, 2008

I think the beef is closer to potted meat and there was actually five cheese shreds. That they fried the shell and pressed it flat, probably with someone's asss, made it all the more nauseating.
      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Burger King can barely do what is in their name, why would you expect them to be able to enter Taco Bell's territory successfully?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Burger King can barely do what is in their name, why would you expect them to be able to enter Taco Bell's territory successfully?
          'Tis exactly what I thought when I saw the BK taco promotion.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Exactly. Burger King is my least favorite fast food burger chain. I loath that place and their lame flame-broiled krap. Nothing but nasty gas aftertaste. At least McDonalds has that nostalgic taste of my childhood...plus their fries are da bomb.
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

As the resident beaner...I have nothing against Americanized tacos. I myself occasionally will go to Taco Bell and have a crunchy taco meal (I avoid the burritos, they are gross). I make them at home as well.

Having said that...I’ve had the best tacos ever in Mexico, Texas, and California.

If you are a taco aficionado...I highly recommend you watch Netflix Taco Chronicles. There are six episodes and they are only 30 minutes long. You will find one of the six most popular tacos in Mexico...and the peculiar thing about it is that different tacos rules depending on the state and region of Mexico.

Al Pastor is most popular in Mexico City

Carnitas is most popular in Michoacán

Canasta is the everyday working class man’s taco (the simplest and cheapest)

Carne Asada is most popular in Sonora, Tijuana, Los Angeles

Barbacoa is most popular in Hidalgo

Guisado is another universally loved taco consisting on many different various toppings

Warning...this series will make you super extra hungry...you have been warned.

P.S. Not for vegetarians nor vegans, lol...

It’s in Spanish but USA Netflix automatically comes with English subtitles...

The series has been proven to be very popular. So six more episodes might be already be under way.

If I was the producer, my next six tacos would be...

Ensenada Baja Fish tacos
              Yucatán Cochinita Pibil tacos
              Tacos Dorados (the real Taco Bell taco)
              Puebla mole tacos
              More Guisado tacos focusing on Cabeza, Lomo, Chicharron, Huevo con Chorizo, Birria, Cesos, Suadero, Tripas.

...and the last should be about the Burrito, not a taco, but an iconic offering as well...and one that was created in the USA by Mexican-Americans.

P.S.S. “Si no tiene una buena salsa, el taco se te derrumba”. That was a quote from one of the chefs in the video...it translates to; “Without a good salsa, the taco crumbles”...
              Last edited by Hector; Jul 27, '19, 9:30 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I had some lamb barbacoa tacos at MegoMeet and they were delicious.

I am also a big fan of carnitas and fish tacos.

(I just looked up al pastor, I didn't even know that existed.)
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  I had some lamb barbacoa tacos at MegoMeet and they were delicious.

I am also a big fan of carnitas and fish tacos.

(I just looked up al pastor, I didn't even know that existed.)
                  Awesome! Was the lamb brabacoa tacos from a local restaurant/taqueria?

Al Pastor is arguably the most popular taco in Mexico...as it’s king in huge Mexico City. Influenced by Lebanese immigrants to Mexico. The major change was from the original lamb to pork.
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

^Oh, I thought it was like an actual gyro-taco lol.

But pork in any form, who can fault it?

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

The one thing you will not find in a proper authentic Mexican taco is ground beef.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        ^Oh, I thought it was like an actual gyro-taco lol.

But pork in any form, who can fault it?
                        Yes, Al Pastor is based on the Shawarma, Doner kebab, and Gyros.

Topped with pineapple of course!

Mexican changed it up from lamb to pork. But adapted the barbacoa to be lamb. So they can enjoy both, lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

My favorite taco when done right is carne asada.

However, notice the “done right” comment.

Here in the States, most taquerias and taco trucks use the cheapest beef available. It’s either top round, london broil...or more flavorful but still not high grade sirloin or chuck. In pork it doesn’t matter, pork is pork because it’s either fried or marinated. I don’t like my beef marinated or heavily spiced. I’m a beef connoisseur, and great quality beef doesn’t need anything but salt (and pepper). These fast food caterers will mostly not offer ribeye, tri-tip, flank, arrachera (hanger steak), skirt, tenderloin, t-bone, etc. Now, a few do offer these meats, the really good ones...you’ll get a pricier taco...but imagine, a medium-rare thinly sliced grilled ribeye on a taco is food of the gods. The Netflix show featuring the Asada episode shows a server doing this...now that’s an amazing taco that can’t be beat. But not many of these establishment do that...simply because aside from the higher price...most Mexicans like well-done beef and are okay with cheaper-priced marinated beef as a taco topping. Please kids, don’t ruin a good ribeye by burning the heck out of it...

sigpic

Comment

• megomania
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jan 2, 2010

Jimboy's Tacos right outside Disneyland....oh man, best tacos I've ever had. Went to DL a few weeks ago and kept stopping at Jimboy's for a 6-pack on the walk back to the hotel. The shells have a salty cheese dusting. Soooo good...made myself sick.

Taco Bell always gives me gas so I never go there but in HS when their $1 menu truly included almost everything, we'd go there for lunch and easily eat $15-$20 worth each. Only fast food burger place I've tried a taco is Jack in the Box - terrible.

For local Seattle, Taco Time is great.

-Chris

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

I'm not a huge fan of Taco Bell but they are miles above BK's taco

I know i'm gunna get beat down for this but my favorite tacos of all time were the make-your-own taco bar at Bonanza/Ponderosa -- I forget which, I always mix them up.

They had a great fixen's bar and the ground beef was just that

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎