Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Pretty sad that Marty and Doc don't seem to have any gratitude for the site that has flown the Mego flag since its inception, kept the name alive and in the spotlight while the company was nonexistent. Even if you don't get it first Brian, you should at least get the info simultaneously. Very large oversite on nuMego's part.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, I saw these on a dozen of fb pages this morning. It's great, we would have loved to have promoted it.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
          • Jun 16, 2001

Just to clarify, everybody at Mego is ok in my book, Paul and Marty especially. If I ask for something I usually get it, so it's not like they ghost us or anything. I just had expectations of the mm platform being more embraced but hey, it is what it is and that's that.

The only negative I've truly had was the original marketing company they hired, they saw no value in the MM and truly wasted my time/made me miserable. I am glad Mego no longer works with them and things got better when they were gone. So many BS promises...

I'm not going to speak any more to this but when i wake up to dozens of reveals across the internet, yeah, that's not terribly encouraging for someone who has spent decades building the shrine. I hope that's understood.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

I hope its just growing pains, Brian. I don't want to believe the company is deliberately giving this platform the cold shoulder, and that once the company is on even footing and begins to grow, that they will see the the value in your endeavor once more.
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

The Museum shouldn't have to ask for Mego to share, Mego should be asking you to promote them.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

I couldn't agree more. The torch was carried here before Facebook. It's my first stop.

Comment

• tllgn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2010

thanks for posting that video Lonnie , you dont have to wrap those figures up ,ill eat them here .rocky looks nice ,as do the monsters and star trek ,also nice that the kiss cards on the next two figures
                  match the two we already have .sept is gonna be a blast .

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

Frankly, Mego Corp is not on solid footing, so far. They should be be on top of the museum, which is more than willing to go above and beyond to help, with any announcements and/or promotion they need. Sadly, they’re much closer alienating the museum than they are to embracing it.

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                      Frankly, Mego Corp is not on solid footing, so far. They should be be on top of the museum, which is more than willing to go above and beyond to help, with any announcements and/or promotion they need. Sadly, they’re much closer alienating the museum than they are to embracing it.

- Ian
                      exactly. Heck there should be direct sales thru here of the new figures to members.

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

It's seriously Ok, we're all friends, we just don't talk all the time, that's all.

Comment

• alex
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 15, 2009

I see they never tackled the sword in Argons scabbard sticking out. I actually cancelled my preorder for LOTR figs, they are just not doing it for me, shame...

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

FWIW I don't know that the Museum should have EVERY first look, since it makes sense that Mego should spread that info out a bit, BUT I think you guys should get a lot of exclusive content. It just makes good business sense. The fact that you're often the last with the news shows a breakdown in communication somewhere and that's a bummer.

Head sculpt looks great, but that means we're gonna get rooted hair which will make this an easy pass. Sorry all rooted hair looks like garbage.

Also, I know Exorcist stuff has started to show up in lines recently but I don't think it's a good seller. If I had the chance to license Exorcist merch, I'd probably pass.

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                              FWIW I don't know that the Museum should have EVERY first look, since it makes sense that Mego should spread that info out a bit.
                              I totally agree that would be a terrible marketing plan that would not encourage growth but on the same token, we are the destination for the core fanbase and a valuable vessel to convey information for free.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                                Permanent Member
                                • May 15, 2009

Oh absolutely and I think you guys should probably get the lion's share. I don't really check any of the other Mego communities for info, so if it's not here, I don't see it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎