Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Just to give context, recently we got the exclusive on the Phantom of the Opera and Kirk and Spock, which was terrific and deeply appreciated. Another site got Pennywise and i think a LOTR character, it was a more modern figure site and given those properties are more enticing to people not born in the Mego era, I viewed it as very wise of them to split it like that. We shared it on our social media platforms because it's Mego in the news and we're on their team but i certainly believed the Museum got the correct properties to reveal and wouldn't have traded.

The Museum will still talk about those other properties of course but we weren't discouraged by that action in any way, we want them to win.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by ODBJBG
      Oh absolutely and I think you guys should probably get the lion's share. I don't really check any of the other Mego communities for info, so if it's not here, I don't see it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
      This describes me as well. I like the "one-stop shopping" of the museum and its forum.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
        The Museum will still talk about those other properties of course but we weren't discouraged by that action in any way, we want them to win.
        And this fair and even response is why this has remained the best Mego spot over the years and will continue to be so. I don't think Mego "owes" all the exclusives to the Museum, but I do think Mego should ultimately include the Museum on all new info beyond exclusives.

I truly believe it unlikely there would be a NuMego if the Museum didn't exist over the years. Perhaps other sites would've have developed, but I think they may have fallen to the flame wars that burnt down so many other collector sites.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Remco Monster
          GLOWS in the Dark!
          • May 3, 2006

Can’t wait to see photos of Regan. Psyched for this release!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎