X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome Things on Ebay this week!

Instant Black Hole Collection- Now, like a lot of things on this feature, I'm not really looking at the price but merely window shopping. So I don't know if this lot is priced well but it is chock full of cool oddball things like the Italian communicators by Mego, the Chad Vallery projector, the Fisher Price movie viewer, the weird educational video game and of course, the Humanoid Action Figure. I would love this lot!

70s Superman Light Switch Cover- This isn't the one I usually run into but I am totally smitten with it's charm and simplicity. That seems like an early 60s Superman on there and I long for the days when licensed properties had no style guides or domineering art control.

7-Zark-7 and 1-Rover-1 glass- A couple of weeks back i featured a pretty pricey Battle of the Planets drinking glass because it was one of a kind. My pal David Lockwood (who should get a co-writing credit on this feature) found this European glass featuring 7-Zark-7 AND 1-Rover-1 that was downright affordable. I love this!

Spectreman Beach Ball- You want to stand out on the beach this year? How about being the only person with the face of Dr. Gori on their recreation equipment.

HERVE VILLECHAIZE NICK NACK BOWLER HAT- Ok, this isn't the film worn prop (that got stolen) but it is the one that Villechaize wore for press junkets and for the promotional photos. I'm a huge Fantasy Island guy so the connection to Villechaize means more to me than 007.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

You must have some amazingly obscure ebay alerts set up to track this stuff down. We thank you for that.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Awesome stuff as always! I'm surprised you didn't hit "BUY IT NOW" on that Black Hole lot.

The Superman image from the light switch cover is one of those great corner cover illustrations by Murphy Anderson that first started appearing on comic covers around 1970. This one was the image for Action Comics beginning with Action #393, Oct. 1970.

I have never seen this one before, and I really like it too!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

I looked at the 7 Zark 7 glass last week and was tempted as it is awesome.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡