Thread: Criterion release #1000: Godzilla Showa era 15 film set on Blu-ray 10/29

Criterion release #1000: Godzilla Showa era 15 film set on Blu-ray 10/29

Save your pennies because in October, Criterion has something special for spine #1000, the fifteen Showa era Godzilla films (1954-1975). Looks like quite a set!

https://www.criterion.com/boxsets/26...b6140-64280587

Oh I am getting this set!!!!
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Can't wait to get the films but MAN is that packaging hideous.

I think Godzilla 54 was already released on Blu-ray? but regardless this will be very cool to have for any Godzilla collector
    and released right at Halloween how cool is that?

If you can wait until November, Barnes and Nobel usually has an annual 50% off Criterion sale.

$200 is steep, but all in one go? Very tempting. I just wish that they contained both versions of each film like the Classic Media versions. I understand the purpose of the Criterion Collection is to preserve culturally relevant films in their original formats, but if it's subtitled, it isn't really the original format either.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Does this set include both the Japanese and English language versions of each film? For a few of the films the original Japanese versions are considerably different.

It's like $12 a film. It's a super steal.

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Does this set include both the Japanese and English language versions of each film? For a few of the films the original Japanese versions are considerably different.
    Only for a few. Still worth the buy, imo.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

I picked the setbup last week, and I'm thoroughly pleased by it.