X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

Mego 8" figures suggestion

Hi, I am new to the Mego Museum community and, although I am an avid collector, this is my first time posting anything in these forums. Please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong area, but with the recent Mego resurgence and all these great new figures being released, how does one submit suggestions for potential future figures? I think it would be awesome if Mego Corporation could get the license to produce a line of 8" figures fro the original 1982
    'The Beastmaster' movie.

To my knowledge there have never been any official figures released of any kind when it comes to this brand, but they're long overdue. I am thinking a small, four-figure line would be terrific – Dar (the Beastmaster), Seth, Maax and the Jun leader. I know if Mego were to ever release these they would be a hit amongst collectors and fans of what is truly a cult classic film.

Thanks for listening everyone and for welcoming me to the Mego Museum community.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Welcome aboard !!!

A Beastmaster series would be neat !!!

It's probably the only middle-earth style movie I like

I don't think there's an official suggestion box but the Mego forum is a great place to leave suggestions and talk about it

browse around

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Hello and Welcome.
      As Mikey stated try the Mego Coroporation page to submit the suggestion. As for Beastmaster, this has been mentioned a lot so you are not alone in requesting this particular license. I think it would work if they released this as a 3 3/4" line if they are still going that route. Super7 seems to be doing well and I believe Funko is continuing this size line.
      Regardless, it would be great seeing this license released.

Comment

• newlyknighted
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 21, 2010

Welcome to the forum.
        I also want this series of figures. I strongly prefer 8" retro cloth figures as opposed to the smaller figures.
        I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
          Career Member
          • Jul 23, 2019

Originally posted by newlyknighted
          Welcome to the forum.
          I also want this series of figures. I strongly prefer 8" retro cloth figures as opposed to the smaller figures.
          Yes, I agree... 8" with realistic clothing is what I envision. It would be incredible.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
            Career Member
            • Jul 23, 2019

Or, if they don't want to do a full, four-figure Beastmaster line how about a Sword & Sandal/Hercules line featuring four different Hercules figures based on different film versions and featuring the likenesses of different actors – Steve Reeves, Reg Park, Brad Harris, Lou Ferrigno, Kevin Sorbo... the list could go on and on.

Comment

• bgiles73
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 14, 2010

I like the idea about a Sword & Sandal / Hercules that would allow for different interpretations of characters like Hercules/ etc I saw on Facebook someone had customs for Clash of the Titans. I’ve also heard on Facebook where Paul, Joel and Marty discuss buying lots of that chain mail material from the Romulan for use in making knights later. Hopefully this means that they are thinking of lines exactly like this and what you mentioned for future releases. I hope they do something with the Old West too.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                Career Member
                • Jul 23, 2019

An official Clash of the Titans line from Mego would be awesome too. I'm talking the 1981 original movie, not that terrible remake from a few years back. The line could feature the original four figures that appeared in the 1981 Mattel line and, if popular enough, more characters could be added in additional waves.

Comment

• k2
                  Career Member
                  • Sep 12, 2007

that would be awesome!!

Comment

• Gabriel
                    • Aug 23, 2019

For Beastmaster I feel there would have to be a black painted tiger figure.

I'm down for both as concepts. But for me as I'm getting into Megos, the draw is the cloth costumes. For the core characters of Beastmaster and Clash of the Titans... there's not a lot of costuming there. I guess I'd have to see what the implementation would look like. I'm in for the idea, but not sure the implementation would click with me.

As for some other ideas, how about:

Krull (Colwyn, Slayer, Torquil)
                    V (reuse that Beastmaster head for Donovan, Ham, Diana)
                    Six Million Dollar Man (Steve Austin, Bigfoot, Oscar)

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 23, 2019

The costuming for Beastmaster figures (at least some of them) would be minimal, but they would still be awesome! It's a classic film that gained cult status when it was shown almost weekly on TBS back in the day. I was discussing possible Mego figures with my son recently and he had some great suggestions as well. How about Mego All in the Family figures (Archie, Edith, Gloria and Meathead), as well as Mego figures of the four main characters from Seinfeld? Those I am sure would be popular with Mego and non-Mego collectors alike. It could also serve to introduce Mego to a whole new group of people.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 23, 2019

Also, if Mego did make The Beastmaster line but no tiger, we could always customize an old Battle Cat by painting it black.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎