X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Escape from New York: The Boardgame

I really need to get this game for my next family game night. I always equate this movie with Starlog, they really gave it a lot of coverage and hyped me to see it. That just took a while cause I was ten when it came out...

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Is this a classic board game or is it a role-playing game (like the TSR logo implies)? A board game seems awesomely weird but a RPG makes a lot of sense.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

That's really neat.

The company that made the game has a logo very similar to the old Proctor and Gamble logo aka the "Devil worship" logo

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Is this a classic board game or is it a role-playing game (like the TSR logo implies)? A board game seems awesomely weird but a RPG makes a lot of sense.
        it's a boardgame, i hear it's actually good.

Originally posted by Mikey

The company that made the game has a logo very similar to the old Proctor and Gamble logo aka the "Devil worship" logo
        They were the Dungeons and Dragons people, so yes, in league with Satan.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

I did not know this existed. This is something I would be interested in playing. Of course it would not fly with family game night so need to get a group of folks to play.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by palitoy
            it's a boardgame, i hear it's actually good.

They were the Dungeons and Dragons people, so yes, in league with Satan.
            Early 80s hype from the Evangelicals.
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Mikey

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not seeing it. What makes it look Satanic?

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

I knew of a hobby shop that had a few of these boardgames stacked up in their store for a long time. They might have been there in the 1990's too.

The game looked cool, but never got around to buying one.

I think about the game even today.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by cjefferys
                  Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not seeing it. What makes it look Satanic?
                  The "TSR" logo. Big to-do from the holy rollers of the 70's and 80's over their Dungeons & Dragons game, accusing it of promoting witchcraft and Satanism. Lots of hysteria akin to the comic book controversies of the 50's.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by scott metzger
                    The "TSR" logo. Big to-do from the holy rollers of the 70's and 80's over their Dungeons & Dragons game, accusing it of promoting witchcraft and Satanism. Lots of hysteria akin to the comic book controversies of the 50's.
                    I do not believe the TSR LOGO ever was mentioned as looking satanic, now the COVERS of the first edition Dungeon Masters Guide and Players Handbook had artwork that someone may have considered satanic looking, but the logo?!?!?! where are you getting that info? This one is the second logo TSR used, the first had a wizard in a pointy cap waving a wand. This one is still supposed to be a wizard., but I don't know how anyone can look at it and think it's even remotely satanic, it's just an old bearded guy's head. Hell it probably looks more like most people's image of the Judeo-Christian God than a devil.

d&d DMG.jpg

D&D PHB.jpg
                    Last edited by Ninersphan1; Jul 25, '19, 8:28 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Ninersphan1
                      I do not believe the TSR LOGO ever was mentioned as looking satanic, now the COVERS of the first edition Dungeon Masters Guide and Players Handbook had artwork that someone may have considered satanic looking, but the logo?!?!?! where are you getting that info? This one is the second logo TSR used, the first had a wizard in a pointy cap waving a wand. This one is still supposed to be a wizard., but I don't know how anyone can look at it and think it's even remotely satanic, it's just an old bearded guy's head. Hell it probably looks more like most people's image of the Judeo-Christian God than a devil.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26108[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26109[/ATTACH]
                      Mikey was saying it looks like the old Proctor & Gamble logo, which has been accused of being Satanic. This article explains why and will show you the resemblence:
                      Logos with hidden satanic messages are designed to target our minds, specially the subconscious mind as our mind controls what we actually do in actions.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎