Thread: Holy AHI Batman

Images

Holy AHI Batman

I was bidding on this and thought I would get outbid but never imagined it getting this high. Must be a rare packaging
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-BAT...-/173966045861

I don't know if it's rare, but it's certainly gorgeous.
    It's a shame we don't see packaging art like this anymore.

It seems crazy to think more effort was put into the packaging of a cheap rack toy than some of the high end stuff we see today.

Images
    To Dwayne’s point, I think that the artwork on AHI packaging sold many of their toys. Not that I think their toys were near terrible. But, you know what I mean.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

I was watching this auction too and shocked it went so high. I can vividly remember seeing lots of these cars on toy store shelves for less than a dollar each back in the mid 70's. I was a huge fan of BATMAN '66 and Kenner SSP, so this toy was right up my alley.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I really love the art also. it is a shame that style of art/packaging is long forgotten

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalObserver View Post
    I was watching this auction too and shocked it went so high. I can vividly remember seeing lots of these cars on toy store shelves for less than a dollar each back in the mid 70's. I was a huge fan of BATMAN '66 and Kenner SSP, so this toy was right up my alley.
    Yeah I check 70's Batman toys weekly. Outside of mego items , there are more than a few items I'd pick up if the price is right. I got a nice Simms Batmobile in March.