X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

New wrist joints

Some of the new figures have different wrist set-ups. Seems the pin holding the hand to the swivel has been removed. I'm not sure how, but the hands are held in with a rubbery piece that is attached to the hand. I don't know if it's a piece glued in, or what. At least glow Nosferatu and Vulcan salute Spock have the new style. I wonder if the new bodies will have this style wrist, and it's going to affect all the figures coming out. Nosferatu has glow hands, but not wrist swivels. I only noticed because I had trouble putting the glow hands on a glow swivel for an entire glow body Nosferatu. I had to boil and stretch the hand/wrist pin to be able to slice it with my x-acto blade.
    Just thought I'd point the new style hands out to those who might care.
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Fascinating. Can you post a pic of what you are talking about?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

The darker hand is Jimi Hendrix from the first wave. The lighter hand is from the new Spock. He doesn't have a wrist pin that inserts into the hand, then through the wrist swivel. Jimi has a hard pin that inserts and pushes through. Spock has a rubbery rod that must be part of the rest of the hand. I have no idea how it is assembled. I had to pull the one half of the ball joint part of the hand and slit it with a knife to change the Nosferatu hands.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Mego seems like they are deliberately making things difficult for customizers. And they have to be aware that customizers love Mego because of that interchangability.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Thanks for the pics! That is an interesting change.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

A ridiculous statement. I’m sure this decision has to do with production costs, etc. To suggest they’re deliberately making things hard for buyers is nonsense

Originally posted by B-Lister
            Mego seems like they are deliberately making things difficult for customizers. And they have to be aware that customizers love Mego because of that interchangability.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

It likely has to do with production or safety. The wrist peg can still be removed, right?
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

Or is this considered a cost-effective "upgrade"?

Obviously, I don't know what is going on in the minds of Mego, but could this be seen as an "upgrade" that is allowed because it is technologically easier and cheaper than it would have been 40 years ago. Like band-less bodies- now that this production method can be done, it is both cost-effective AND considered an upgrade. Just speculation.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• dcohendmd
                  • Jan 20, 2014

I don't think Mego is anti-customizer...the wrist still has full function and actually looks ALOT better! Bravo MEGO!

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

Bif bang pow did simler thing with the wrist hinges
                    On some of their figures.just a slight improvement.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎