X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New Star wars 5 inch line

Pictures showing up online. Based on Star Wars Galaxy of adventures. Look really nice. Not 5 POA like the 3 3/4 inch figures. Modern articulation with action features. Saw SW Han, Vader, 3PO and Chewie .
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 19, '19, 5:54 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

Are these the Disney ToyBox figures?
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• Boris71
      GeekBot' For Life
      • May 13, 2007

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Boris71
        No, this is a new line by Hasbro based on the Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures shorts.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Galaxy of Adventures pics.

Hasbro has sent over official photos and details for their Star Wars Panel reveals from San Diego Comic-Con 2019. There are new Galaxy of Adventure 5" Figures, a wearable Boba Fett Helmet, and a HyperReal Luke Skywalker. While no new official details are provided, there are photos of the Rise of Skywalker Sith Trooper Black...
          Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 19, '19, 9:48 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Those looks nice. I also like that 8 inch "Hyper Real" Luke.

Comment

• Boris71
              GeekBot' For Life
              • May 13, 2007

they look great shame about the action features

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

A similar "style" but no. The Toy Box figures are based upon the style of the defunct Disney Infinity videogame.

Which reminds me, I have to pick up that Spider Mobile at some point.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Of all those new animated characters, I think the Vader is the most striking. It almost looks like the way Infantino used to draw him in the comics.

That would be another amazing line, a Marvel comics SW figure series.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• alex
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 15, 2009

These remind me a lot of the Gentle Giant maquettes

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

Hasbro did a comic book series many years ago that was all over the map from classics to Dark Horse stuff. It was a repaint wave sort of thing mostly, with some odd looking four color type paints for the classic style figures. I don't think there were too many new sculpts for classic characters, nor was there any consistency through the line as it covered so many different comic styles. There might have been some new characters for the DH stuff, but the only classic-ish character I can think of with a new sculpt was one of the Vaders, who had a menacing, early McQuarrie esq vibe to him. The Chewie and Han in stormtrooper outfit set might have been the best at capturing the Marvel comic look.

A new, stylized set of sculpts of the original 12 with a Marvel Comics treatment would be pretty cool, and would definitely be a fresh look rather than another new set of cardbacks. It might even be a great sell as an 8" retro line as opposed to a hyper realistic looking cloth textile type doll.

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Of all those new animated characters, I think the Vader is the most striking. It almost looks like the way Infantino used to draw him in the comics.

Comment

• Boris71
                        GeekBot' For Life
                        • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                        Didn't Hasbro do some comic book versions from the 1970's Marvel comics when they first did the Comic Book two packs?

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Didn't Hasbro do some comic book versions from the 1970's Marvel comics when they first did the Comic Book two packs?
                          Sort of. But they weren't new comic book accurate sculpts. They were only repaints and ended up just looking kind of weird.

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

THey look similar in design to the Marvel 6" kids lines as far as the bodies and articulation go. Might go over well with that demographic, though I would have ditched the action features. Those didn't help the "Forces of Destiny" figures.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎