X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by VulcanFanatic
    I asked my local GameStop on Saturday if they could order it for me, they found it in their computer system but said they couldn't order it. I didn't realize that the dress uniform tunic was a lighter color until now. Wow. I think the lighter color is more screen accurate.
    The SKU is 197068, for anybody who wants to ask for it by number.

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
      Banned
      • Jan 24, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      I forgot to point out the fact that the mirror universe Spock head is a different color from the first released mirror Spock. The new one is pale, and the first one was very pinkish. I'm sure that is a very poor way of describing them, but they are very different in color. The new head is much more accurate.
      Wow, I didn't realize that the Mirror Spocks complexion was different either. This gift set will be an all around variant. The Spock figure included has the "Live long and prosper" hand unlike the regular Target Spock, the uniform shirt is the same as the Tribbles Spock but with the blue accessories instead of the more screen accurate black and gray. The dress tunic is lighter and more screen accurate and now we discuss that the the Mirror Spock complexion is closer to screen accurate. This set will be well worth getting.

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

I'll take a chance and see if mego releases gold shirt spock single carded.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

I found four sets at ThinkGeek last night. Boxes were dented on the bottom left front, but... eh. And for those that care, two were numbered in the 470's and two were in the upper 1200's.

Spock's complexion matched the single carded Tribbles Spock they had, so I guess people are comparing it to the first release Spock?

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
            Banned
            • Jan 24, 2009

Originally posted by TRDouble
            I found four sets at ThinkGeek last night. Boxes were dented on the bottom left front, but... eh. And for those that care, two were numbered in the 470's and two were in the upper 1200's.

Spock's complexion matched the single carded Tribbles Spock they had, so I guess people are comparing it to the first release Spock?
            I think the Spock in the Gift set is the same one in the Tribbles Spock carded version except it has the blue accessories and "Live long and Prosper" hand.

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
              • Oct 15, 2018

Went to a Gamestop and gave the clerk the item number. He said its been Deleted in the system and cant be ordered. Despie showing several in the warehouse. He said those will likely ship to a discount retailer in the future. Lame!

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
                Banned
                • Jan 24, 2009

Originally posted by ObiSeanMEGObi
                Went to a Gamestop and gave the clerk the item number. He said its been Deleted in the system and cant be ordered. Despie showing several in the warehouse. He said those will likely ship to a discount retailer in the future. Lame!
                The GameStop / Thinkgeek merger has been nothing but a disappointment in my opinion. The Thinkgeek website was taken down but GameStop 's website carries no Mego figures or anything else I am interested in .

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
                  • Oct 15, 2018

It looks like this now shows up as Sold out in their warehouse. So frustrating. What exactly is exclusive to this set that I wont be able to get elsewhere? Please list specific parts, accessories, clothing and paint variations versus the standard carded and 2-pack Spocks. If its just the yellow uniform shirt that is unique, I'm fine not getting this set.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

If its just the yellow uniform shirt that is unique, I'm fine not getting this set.

Yeah, that 1st Episode yellow shirt is the whole reason I wanted the set and was willing to pay $40.00 JUST for the shirt, so I could make my Gary Mitchell Custom. But I guess I won't be getting one either.
                    sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by The Bat
                      Yeah, that 1st Episode yellow shirt is the whole reason I wanted the set and was willing to pay $40.00 JUST for the shirt, so I could make my Gary Mitchell Custom. But I guess I won't be getting one either.
                      Not to be "that" guy, but... Gary Mitchell didn't wear the yellow. He wore the beige-ish color that represented operations.

I actually made a Gary Mitchell custom out of a SWAT Robert Urich head and a tailored Playmates "Where No Man Has Gone Before" Scotty uniform... and it looks pretty good. I actually like the Playmates versions of the old uniforms way better than the "EMCE Pike" style in this set.

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
                        • Oct 15, 2018

If someone can help me get this set, still sealed, I will pay cost plus shipping and also send them the yellow shirt for free.

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
                          Banned
                          • Jan 24, 2009

If someone can help me get this set, still sealed, I will pay cost plus shipping and also send them the yellow shirt for free.
                          You don't want the shirt? It's the only item in the box that you can't get anywhere else. All of the other items are obtainable on carded figures,maybe even cheaper than this set.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by sprytel
                            Not to be "that" guy, but... Gary Mitchell didn't wear the yellow. He wore the beige-ish color that represented operations.

I actually made a Gary Mitchell custom out of a SWAT Robert Urich head and a tailored Playmates "Where No Man Has Gone Before" Scotty uniform... and it looks pretty good. I actually like the Playmates versions of the old uniforms way better than the "EMCE Pike" style in this set.
                            So you got to look it up...and I see what you mean, it does seem to be a lighter shade. But it's close enough that it wouldn't bother me. My Kirk Custom is made from the EMCE Pike. Maybe the new Spock one is a lighter shade than that? Hey, I'd love to see your Gary Mitchell custom...could you post some pics?
                            sigpic

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
                              • Oct 15, 2018

Originally posted by VulcanFanatic
                              You don't want the shirt? It's the only item in the box that you can't get anywhere else. All of the other items are obtainable on carded figures,maybe even cheaper than this set.
                              Yeah I figured that out yesterday. I forgot they had released "live long and prosper hand" dress uniform Spock in Wave 5. I guess I dont need this set after all. I'm assuming the outfits are sewn the same, and Spock's heads are painted with the same flesh tones as the other releases? Also I found dress Spock on Amazon for only $11.00 yesterday, versus the $109 they are asking for this set.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Actually, a couple of the items are different than the first released versions that are similar. Mirror Spock's head is a different color, and the Dress Uniform shirt is a different color blue. The Spock heads are made in the flesh color, and not painted.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎