X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: Kancelled KISS!

This week’s Vintage Mego is all Mego’s relationship with the band KISS but rather than focus on what they did make (which we do discuss) this video is all about the weird and wonderful items Mego mocked up but never brought to market. We take a tongue in cheek look at the KISS Kommunicators, KISS…

More...
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

The KISS Bendies! I think they would have sold as well as the dolls. A missed opportunity.

Very enjoyable video, Brian!

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• newlyknighted
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 21, 2010

Love the video as always. Having never owned a Kiss doll until the recent new Mego 8" series, I agree with your assessment of the reuse of Cher's stage for a playset. I do think it is a shame that the KISS Kamping set for the 12″ dolls does not exist. I would love to see the package art, pics, and potential Kiss Kamping kommercial in Detroit Rock City, we would have to treasure. You know Mego then could have made a Beth doll to "sleep" in the tent with the Kampers.

And now thanks to this video, I will never spell Kamping, or Kampers, with the letter C ever again. I thank you.
      I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Kiss Bendables! I, too, wish those were made. They look sharp and sleek. And photos of the Demon?
        Great video, Brian. Great stuff.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Were pics of the unmade items ever shown anywhere in the 70’s? Because I feel like I remember being confused by the idea of Kiss kamping, but I’m not sure if it’s a false memory or not.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I know I've seen all those pictures somewhere before. Were they in John's Mego book?

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
              I know I've seen all those pictures somewhere before. Were they in John's Mego book?
              They were, John bequeathed his originals to me.

Thanks for all the great input, honestly, I worried that the KISS Kommunity wouldn't be kind for some reason (I've been put into some weird "controversy" over at PlaidStallions) but they embraced it.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Is it possible Kiss themselves (and by that I mean Gene and MAYBE Paul) poo-pooed the Kamping Set? I can't imagine them going along with cleaning up their image like that.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎