X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

Cereal Premiums

What was your favorite cereal premium toy that you loved? Can be cereal or other related toy. Mine was definitely the Tang moon rover. There was also a Quisp spaceship that I vaguely remember that I loved.

• PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

There was a (Suger Crisp?) submersible submarine that I really enjoyed.

Also, anything monsters. I remember:

*mini-posters
    *GITD plastic busts
    *Freakies figurines
    *Monster cereals figurines--Booberry was my favorite. I also sent away for a Count Chocula Hallowe'en costume!

I liked Quisp, but I don't recall any of its toys.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Treadwell
      Museum Super Collector
      • Dec 31, 2018

I had that rover and I LOVED it!
      The only thing left is the back of one of the seats, and for giggles I used it as part of some kitbashed detail on a model.

I think it was from Super Sugar Crisp that we got a lot of Super Balls (semi-clear with glitter embedded), which were put to good use.
      Some cereal (same one I think) offered plastic padlocks complete with plastic key. You could open the lock manually if you pulled it hard enough.
      I think it was Honeycomb that offered a tiny terrarium, and I think I got a sprout going for a while.
      Alpha Bits, maybe, offered a mailaway for a licence tag plate for your bike with your name on it. IIRC.
      Last edited by Treadwell; Jul 17, '19, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^I recall some of those, the license plate and the terrarium.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

YES! Freakies, I forgot about those little balloon boats and cars!

Comment

• mike69
            Museum Super Collector
            • May 4, 2011

I remember Tide ( I think) laundry powder having indy 500 cars that had a launcher. They came in different colors. I managed to find some on Ebay awhile ago.

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

Any cereal mascot figurine.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                Creature Of The Night
                • May 14, 2011

I really loved these when I was a kid. The Marlin and Ray were my favorites. I remember still having them when I got my Mego Aquaman, they were his buds. I don't remember what cereal they came in, the search I did states they were made by MPC and offered up by Nabisco. I honestly don't remember ever eating any Nabisco cereals.

Kellogg's, General Mills, Post, Quaker, Purina (to name a few) for certain, but Nabisco? Does anyone remember what kind of cereal they even made? Whatever it was, someone in my household ate enough of it because I remember having at least one of each of these, plus several doubles.

I also had a few of the Jungle Book premiums, King Louie was my fave.
                Last edited by Dark Shadow; Jul 17, '19, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Back in the 70's a cereal (I forgot which) gave away a free tin United States mini car license plate for your bike.

They had all 50 states

I remember getting a few "junkie" States --- sorry unpopular States

Always wanted a California but could never get one.

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

I remember those plates. I got Minnesota. Then I sent for the whole set. Wish I still had 'em.

They issued several sets throughout the years. Mine were in the late 80s.
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

The Black Hole pencil holders from boxes of Shreddies.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 29, 2018

I got some fun figurines from the Dark Knight when it came out in Honey Nut Cheerios. Still have some of them. For vintage cereal premiums I remember Fruity Pebbles having Fred Flintstone cars that you snapped together.

Comment

• knight errant00
                          8 Inch Action Figure
                          • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Marvelmania
                          YES! Freakies, I forgot about those little balloon boats and cars!
                          Loved Freakies! Wish I still had my set of figures . . . would love to have them on my shelf!

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 29, 2018

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
                            I really loved these when I was a kid. The Marlin and Ray were my favorites. I remember still having them when I got my Mego Aquaman, they were his buds. I don't remember what cereal they came in, the search I did states they were made by MPC and offered up by Nabisco. I honestly don't remember ever eating any Nabisco cereals.

Kellogg's, General Mills, Post, Quaker, Purina (to name a few) for certain, but Nabisco? Does anyone remember what kind of cereal they even made? Whatever it was, someone in my household ate enough of it because I remember having at least one of each of these, plus several doubles.

I also had a few of the Jungle Book premiums, King Louie was my fave.
                            Well I know Nabisco makes Shredded Wheat and the Spoonsize Shredded Wheat and the Frosted Shredded Wheat...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

The DC posters in Post Cereals, as well as the iron-ons they offered. Also, the baking soda submarine and dolphin in Cap'n Crunch!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎